Spreading the heat

wiriwiri said:
Hi Adrian...nice offer there...
 
That being said ,some gratitude/politeness seems to be lacking here.
 
Please & Thank You etc,  seems to be lost these days....just saying. :rolleyes:
 
Anyway,hope you have  a great 2020.
 
Also wishing you a great season Adrian!

In defense of  thoms /satria petualang, English is his 2nd language. As such, his understanding of our customs lacking too.
 
Thanks again for the seeds they’ve arrived in Texas
51b57446747a2bc6874bf63418f7d427.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
my country's agriculture department is asking for a plant health certificate and permission from the country of origin[emoji18][emoji18][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
 
The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
plant health documents and permits from the country of origin are indispensable for the release of items which are being held in the customs office of my country ,,please help me[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
 
I am sorry, I have no idea where to get one, nor what this means.
 
The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Yeah, got a problem with some seeds sent to Canada, to Pierre (floricole), they sent the seeds back to me. I did sent these as I alsways did, in a bubble envelope, which it looks are processed by customs. Those I did sent recently into a birthday card arrived safe. I will switch to this for the future...
 
thoms said:
plant health documents and permits from the country of origin are indispensable for the release of items which are being held in the customs office of my country ,,please help me[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Try speaking with the person that sold you the seeds?
 
thoms said:
plant health documents and permits from the country of origin are indispensable for the release of items which are being held in the customs office of my country ,,please help me
 
Sorry, I can't see how as it seems this needs to be done before shipment is made, The importer of goods requires a phytosanitary certificate to get the products cleared through customs before the shipments arrives into port.
 
 I would advise familiarizing yourself with Indonesia's Agriculture Policy Act 2017 No. 15 (revised in May 2018) as that spells out the requirements.
 
Mr.joe said:
Try speaking with the person that sold you the seeds?
I have sent him the seeds for free, nothing sold.
It is a first for him, I suppose, and from now on should know he need this certificate.
 
rghm1u20 said:
I have sent him the seeds for free, nothing sold.
It is a first for him, I suppose, and from now on should know he need this certificate.
Ok, I understand now. I don't know if there is much you can do now. I've heard of similar issues never had this issue myself
 
rghm1u20 said:
I am sorry, I have no idea where to get one, nor what this means.
 
Yeah, got a problem with some seeds sent to Canada, to Pierre (floricole), they sent the seeds back to me. I did sent these as I alsways did, in a bubble envelope, which it looks are processed by customs. Those I did sent recently into a birthday card arrived safe. I will switch to this for the future...
 
Get a birthday card , tape paper towel down , tape seeds to it with scothtape , write strain next to it , tape paper towel over it , send as a card , gets through customs a lot easier . and cheaper to send !   
 
Right, MW, this is what will do, even if for me this will be a bit weird, because before, using tracking number, I was sure they will arrive, but world is changing and I have to get used with this.
 

Bou

Extreme Member
moruga welder said:
 
Get a birthday card , tape paper towel down , tape seeds to it with scothtape , write strain next to it , tape paper towel over it , send as a card , gets through customs a lot easier . and cheaper to send !   
 
The birthday/greeting card is a good idea but I would suggest you to put the seeds between a thin foam layer because paper towel does not protect much against the "crushers". As I matter of fact, I received crushed/powdered seeds twice earlier this year and both were wrapped in paper towel.... Luckily, sellers were kind enough to send me replacement seeds free of charge.
 

Attachments

  • Foam.jpg
    Foam.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 41
I just wanted to say that I got my seeds without a problem, about 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering about the swiss chocolate variety. I looked it up, and I got results for both a bell pepper type, and a super hot. Is it a hot pepper, or sweet?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
 

Bou

Extreme Member
KevinThePepperhead said:
I just wanted to say that I got my seeds without a problem, about 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering about the swiss chocolate variety. I looked it up, and I got results for both a bell pepper type, and a super hot. Is it a hot pepper, or sweet?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
 
I ordered Swiss chocolat from South Lincs Chili Boys (one of the variety that seeds were crushed by the postal services!!) and then from Texas Hot Peppers. In both cases they were rated as "hot" peppers. I saw this variety elsewhere too and as I can remember, it was always in the "hot" pepper category. Also, Peter Stanley reviewed it in 2017, just look on the Pods test section on his website. Here's 2 pictures taken from SLCB website (UK; website down now...) :
 

Attachments

  • Swiss_chocolate1.JPG
    Swiss_chocolate1.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Swiss_chocolate2.JPG
    Swiss_chocolate2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 39
Top