• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sprouting peppers

I live in Nebraska and I planted 300 peppers seeds about 15 different types. My questions are 1. What is a good temp to put them outside? It's 60 outside now and the highs of this week here are 70-80's. They get 10 to 12 hours of sunlight on kitchen table, but I have as many tomato plants that need to get out of the grow lights. 2. What a good potting soil to put them in when I transplant into 5 gallon buckets?

Thanks for your help,

Amy

Have any pictures? How big are they/have they gotten their true leaves?

That, and I don't know enough about Nebraska weather to give you a good answer. Here in Louisiana I'm moving plants outside right now, but its 78-90 degrees here now and nights in the upper 60s.

g Charleston hots, Bolivian rainbow, Cayenne blend, Thai sun, Kung Pao, Long red slim, white habanero, Caribbean blend, hot cherry, cayenne, hot firecracker, tabasco, peter pepper, atomic starfish, and 7 pod and 6 types of jalapenos. Let me get some more time today to get pictures.

I'm trying to add pictures, but I have no clue how to do it. They haven't gotten their true leaves yet, It's pretty mild here.

I find that they grow best around mid 70s°F to mid 80s°F temp wise. Right now you need to harden them off gradually and be careful of direct sun exposure in the beginning. You don't want to bake the little fellas do ya?

Back