• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Srin2 2011 New Chilli pepper plant grow

will be adding more pictures of my 2011 chilli pepper plants
this is the unknown white chilli pepper plant i have.its loaded with pods. can someone name it for me ?
p1040359s.jpg

a close up shot
p1040360s.jpg

this is a shot of my habenero X(still not sure what habanero variety is it yet). its full of flowers but nothing has set yet . flowers are just dropping/turning yellow
p1040357s.jpg

it use to be like this a few months ago.12 nov 2010 post
p1030665s.jpg

yesterday's harvest by me.

p1040516s.jpg

the white chilies is usually harvested by my wife to make her dipping sauce.(so no photos of that)

one green hot pepper(looks like bhut jolokia indian carbon) was pulled out by my daughter before it could ripe. got another ripe one in the plant which i am going to take today.
the other deep red colour ones are local bird's eye.(semerah)

just sharing some of the pods pics.( my phone camera is always focusing on something else!)
wp000076s.jpg

wp000075s.jpg

wp000078s.jpg

these are my third generation hab's from these
p1000391m.jpg

the first two generation were ok but the third generation got crossed.(maybe with the bird's eye semerah). have to find my old seeds and see if they are still viable. 2-3 years old seeds (phone images so they are focusing on the wrong thing)
wp000073s.jpg

wp000071s.jpg

bird's eye pepper (cili padi)
wp000048s.jpg

Beautiful plants! I especially love the pointy, erect, SE Asian bird types.

But I'm having a hard time sorting them out. Help me out here, please. I've been growing a pepper the seed vendor (Baker Creek) calls "Thai Red Chilli," which grows to around 2-3 feet, and gives pods just like the ones in your photo...I would estimate around 30,000-50,000 SHU. My friend from Jakarta calls it "cabe rawit." (She pronounces it "tah-bay.") My friend from Ho Chi Minh City calls it "Ot Thai," which I know just means "Thai Chile." I know it's just semantics, but is that the same as your photo shows? I grow another one that gets up to 7 or 8 feet tall, the pods look almost exactly the same, but has an SHU content of around 100,000, and I've got no idea what it's really called in your area. The seed vendor (Lion Seed Co., Bangkok) calls it "Garden Bird Seed," a name which could not be more ambiguous...

For a while I was trying to accept the taxonomy used by Bosland and DeWitt, but it's just not very comprehensive, AT ALL...There are so many fascinating chiles from SE Asia that we don't know about in the west...

Beautiful plants! I especially love the pointy, erect, SE Asian bird types.

But I'm having a hard time sorting them out. Help me out here, please. I've been growing a pepper the seed vendor (Baker Creek) calls "Thai Red Chilli," which grows to around 2-3 feet, and gives pods just like the ones in your photo...I would estimate around 30,000-50,000 SHU. My friend from Jakarta calls it "cabe rawit." (She pronounces it "tah-bay.") My friend from Ho Chi Minh City calls it "Ot Thai," which I know just means "Thai Chile." I know it's just semantics, but is that the same as your photo shows? I grow another one that gets up to 7 or 8 feet tall, the pods look almost exactly the same, but has an SHU content of around 100,000, and I've got no idea what it's really called in your area. The seed vendor (Lion Seed Co., Bangkok) calls it "Garden Bird Seed," a name which could not be more ambiguous...

For a while I was trying to accept the taxonomy used by Bosland and DeWitt, but it's just not very comprehensive, AT ALL...There are so many fascinating chiles from SE Asia that we don't know about in the west...
from what i read and see. the cabe rawit is alike a common name for any small peppers in indonesia because i found many varities are similar are called with the same name. there are also purple versions of it and look like tabasco versions as well.in wikipedia indonesia they showed a photo witht he pods and hanging down not sky pointing like mine. and i also found this variegated version of the cabe rawit/cabai rawit online.
cabe.jpg

and its the same here where most of the small peppers are called cili padi /cili burong/bird's eye. and in the philipines is called siling labuyo. cabe means chili/cili/chile/ pepper/cabai

from what i read and see. the cabe rawit is alike a common name for any small peppers in indonesia because i found many varities are similar are called with the same name. there are also purple versions of it and look like tabasco versions as well.in wikipedia indonesia they showed a photo witht he pods and hanging down not sky pointing like mine. and i also found this variegated version of the cabe rawit/cabai rawit online.

and its the same here where most of the small peppers are called cili padi /cili burong/bird's eye. and in the philipines is called siling labuyo. cabe means chili/cili/chile/ pepper/cabai

Hi Sri! Thanks for the info. I dig the variegated cabe...So many peppers to grow, and so little time!

Gary

these are my kelantan white chilis.. hmmmm looks like i got an obsession of white chillis :) 3 varieties i have.. :)
kelantanchiliss.jpg

my wife might harvest them so i took picture first before it disappears .:) hehe

Very nice srin..we have never grown the white ones..might have to look into for next season, I like.
Sure wish we were picking fresh pods. Hell we can't even get the plants outside yet :(
I did let one of my plants go. I have been pinching buds like crazy..but one of them I said screw it...letting go..have 3 nice flowers and 3 more getting ready. :)
All indoors

this is another type of white chilies. tabasco type ?

WP_000087.jpg

dunno why sometimes i get the ones that have a lite green tint and some are milk white. (as shown in the top post.different plants.

Nice. Like the look of those Kelantan chilies, I might want some seeds of those for next year :) I should have a bunch of seed to trade come fall, if everything can live in a beer cup for 6 more weeks... Otherwise I have to ditch my hydro plants... Oh well. For the greater good.

Those white cayennes look great too, and so do the "mother in-law" chilies, I too love the look of the white varieties, but I'm more of a sucker for the yellow

Nice. Like the look of those Kelantan chilies, I might want some seeds of those for next year :) I should have a bunch of seed to trade come fall, if everything can live in a beer cup for 6 more weeks... Otherwise I have to ditch my hydro plants... Oh well. For the greater good.

Those white cayennes look great too, and so do the "mother in-law" chilies, I too love the look of the white varieties, but I'm more of a sucker for the yellow
thanks. Binchnunker. :)
currently the kelantan chili plant is bending downwards . the pods are just too heavy for the plant!
so far i can't get any of my yellow 's to germinate :(

i just got 2 seedlings from Kiddc. :) thanks one Aji Limon and one Cili goronong. new additions to my grow log.

yesterday i had to repot my Hab X third gen. it got root bound! the poor plant has lost many of its leafs!!
wp000124.jpg

:onfire: :onfire: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!1

my Trinidad scorpion butch seed just hooked in 12 days!!! 1 of 2 seeds sowed. hoping it would be 2 of 2 soon.

wp000132s.jpg

Back