• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Sriracha plant gasses neighbors

Reminds me of Ron White telling the story of growing up in a small town in texas where he lived near a paper plant. He said the smell of rotten eggs was a daily existence, and he said "If it were music that everyone could hear like that smell, they would make them turn it the fuck off". Hilarious, but a real nuisance isn't that funny. Especially if you can't escape it.

Scoville DeVille said:
Reminds me of Ron White telling the story of growing up in a small town in texas where he lived near a paper plant. He said the smell of rotten eggs was a daily existence, and he said "If it were music that everyone could hear like that smell, they would make them turn it the f**k off". Hilarious, but a real nuisance isn't that funny. Especially if you can't escape it.

I know that paper plant smell.  I used to go to Macon, GA pretty frequently, and always referred to it as "the smell of Macon."

1. residents complain of smell
2. residents succeed in getting plant shut down
3. residents wonder why their community just lost millions in tax dollars and dozens of jobs. 

:doh: 

Back