• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Sriracha: Whatcha' gonna' do?

Sriracha and the HF chili-garlic paste are excellent "gateway" sauces.  The latter was my personal favorite, purchased by the case. 

Alas, it no longer has any zing so I found myself kicking it up 10 notches.  Such is the case with most commercial sauces these days.   

While I rather like the fermented red jalapeno and garlic sauce, now that I have made some myself and know how to do it, I can safely not care if their Sriracha gets scarce. I'll just plant more jalapenos in the garden next year.

Since I usually only use this flavor hot sauce on Asian meals, I have a rather spicy Kimchi that I made that will kick it up a few notches that just gets tossed in the stirfry. It more than makes up for the lack of heat in the Sriracha.

What will I do, what will I do??

• Beg salsalady for some more of this Texas Creek Sriracha Style sauce, this stuff is bangin!  My sister is interested in buying both it and this awesome jalapeno salt, but it's not for sale on the website.... yet.  Right salsalady,  YET?   LOL

:dance:

not yet, amigo...

And the sad part is, I didn't keep accurate records for the Sriracha sauce.....:(  ...a wing and a prayer...and it turned out good.  The 'Kid's been scarfing it which is a good sign....  I still have a few bottles.

The Jalapeno salt....I can get you hooked up~~~~  ;) 

Unreal! I don't love the stuff but you don't get to that level of success by getting people sick!

And it was on sale at my supermarket this weekend, odd.

texas blues said:
WTF???

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/12/sriracha-maker-ordered-to-halt-sauce-shipping-for-30-days/?intcmp=latestnews

There is obviously an agenda going on against Huy Fong. 

Please move away from the madness Mr. Tran and come to Texas.

I just saw the article while doing my daily news scouring.... I'd say they do indeed. Maybe they're trying to drive them out of town. Forcing them to hold each batch 30 days before shipment so they can "make sure no harmful organisms are growing" in the uncooked sauce only goes to show how little the petty dictators in California research the process.

I can't find the article I read and have no way of confirming how accurate the source was but from what I recall Irwindale, CA helped to secure the initial loan and was getting some additional monies out of the deal. Huy Fong paid off the loan and then the money to the city dried up and shortly thereafter is when the lawsuits began. 

If that is in fact true, it sounds to me like Irwindale's cash cow dried up and now they are strong arming Huy Fong and now they have the state involved. The question remains as to who or what party of people are behind this crap and who stands to benefit.

The 30 day wait is absolute crap as there is no precedent with Huy Fong producing an inferior or unsafe product. The product has been fine since Huy Fong began production so why now all of a sudden "new regulation" appears?

I'm all for consumer protection but I believe that in this case it is hardly about protecting consumers. 

Google Irwindale, CA and corruption and you will find that the city has had well more than its share of money mismanagement and corrupt officials. The Huy Fong issue sounds to me like business as usual.

tumblr_mxkdg5dB2a1sowl5bo1_1280.gif

The normal kind is sweeter than I like, still good on stuff that needs sugar though.

But I really enjoy the chili garlic kind. Its pretty much my new go to sauce for tacos and any bread I want to dip.

It's a damn good company that makes damn good products period.

Sriracha. Sambal Oelek. Chile Garlic.

I keep all of them stocked and use at least one of them every day.

True story.

It's a damn good company that makes damn good products period.

I'm pro any sauce company that gets the public eating spicier!

I must have ate 4-5 dinner rolls on christmas just dabbing up a heaping spoon of that chili-garlic..

spysee said:

I'm pro any sauce company that gets the public eating spicier!

I must have ate 4-5 dinner rolls on christmas just dabbing up a heaping spoon of that chili-garlic..

I don't eat much super hot sheeit any more just do to the after EFX the next day on my blow hole.

But the Huy Fong stuff I can eat every day and I can and do eat it right out of the jar or squeeze bottle just as is.

No cheese or crackers required.

By the spoonful and repeatedly is hot blue and righteous.

It just tastes goodern' hell to me.

I love Hoy Fong and agree there's some shady shiz going on in Cali.  The stuff about the cash cow and kickbacks borders on extortion.  That's to be expected from our resident crazy state I suppose, with no offense intended to site locals calling Cali home.  I have spent time trying to replicate their Sriracha and found that a blend of ripe fresnos and jalas is the key.  A little carrot/onion/garlic rounds out the mix and my last batch was a tad hotter and more garlicky than the rooster - in a good way.  Should HF go under I now have a suitable alternative, should they continue production I'll continue to patronize them.  I'm hoping for the best for HF :)

I wouldn't worry about Huy Fong going out of business anytime soon and certainly not due to anything happening now.

The Tran family has been very smart in the operation of there business. I would suspect though the company will grow weary of all the BS and get fed up and move the business out of state. And why not? The State of California is very good at 2 things. Taxing the hell out of everything to within an inch of death and forcing business's through taxes and over regulation to leave the state.

I've said it many times before and will continue to say it and I quote from fellow Texan Lyle Lovett...

"That's right you're not from Texas but Texas wants you anyway!"

Back