• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Stargate SG1

I'm risking a bashing here for being a sci-fi nut BUT, see second part below.

We've just had the 200th episode of SG1 broadcast over here. And I loved it. very very funny, esp the farscape take off, The OC Stargate, The Wizard of Oz and Claudia black in general. Mrs Shooty loved the wedding bit but was overall disappointed. I think she missed some of the in jokes, like the constant digs at Browdler taking over Anderson's role. Shanks and Judge brilliant as always. The Team America pastiche was amusing too.

Over here, we have sg1, then atlantis, back to back. 2 hours of stargate. We got some atlantic episode where Weir wakes up in an asylum. It was dull. Figure they realised they couldn't possibly top SG1.

So... that brings me to the second part of this thread: Things that us chili growers seem to have in common:

1. Hot foods. Obv.
2. Rock music, from emo to death metal
3. Interest in SOME branch of physics (some of you are gear heads, I just like learning about science and stuff)
4. Booze
5. Movies

Those are the obvious ones anyway. I just mention is as one must ask: "where are the thick, science hating, tee total dance music chili growers?" Is there something about the hobby/ obsession that attracts people like us? I hear that over here, a lot of motorcyclists are also growers.

Um... that's it for now. It's late. NIght night.

The episode also contains alot of "really in" jokes about their move from showtime to syndication to sci-fi and the deluise bros taking over. It really was a great episode.

I am a card carrying nerd and read comics, watch sci-fi and still in my 30's have been known to play D&D.

Well thank God someone replied. I woke up, looked at the board and thought "blimey. My most unpopular thread EVER."

Remarkable.

I don't quite get the syndication thing... it's good for the actors, isn't it? Means big bucks for them. I recall that one show was only a couple of episodes short (Voyager?). What's Showtime, actually?

Season 10 is the last season, I believe?

Interesting point about how certain hobbies lend to other hobbies. I started out a Sci-Fi (Star Wars, Star Trek, Aliens, The Day The Earth Stood Still, etc etc) buff and just kept expanding (science, fringe science, plants, new age, hidden origins, alcohol, mind expanding substances, models, music, movies, the true nature of duct tape and how it impacts our everyday lives, hot peppers and sauces, stuff like that). I don't see a stop in my obsession to feed my mind anytime soon. My only problem is I don't have enough time to feed all my hobbies...

As for "where are the thick, science hating, tee total dance music chili growers?"... they could be haning out here? :P :) (just kidding guys, just kidding)

Heh heh heh... I know what you mean about things leading to other things thought. Recently, I've been reading (and I italicise it as that's not the same thing as understanding) A Brief History Of Time and some stuff on string theory. But mainly I get off on the scientific bits of Alistair Reynolds novels (except Century Rain, which sucked).

Oh, Sh*t, sorry, should have put it here in the first place

imaguitargod said:
Interesting point about how certain hobbies lend to other hobbies. I started out a Sci-Fi (Star Wars, Star Trek, Aliens, The Day The Earth Stood Still, etc etc) buff and just kept expanding (science, fringe science, plants, new age, hidden origins, alcohol, mind expanding substances, models, music, obscure music, really obscure music, movies, the true nature of duct tape and how it impacts our everyday lives, hot peppers and sauces, stuff like that). I don't see a stop in my obsession to feed my mind anytime soon. My only problem is I don't have enough time to feed all my hobbies...

I started out the same way, bro...just add expensive hobbies like cars and motorcycles to the list, and you can see why i'm working 2 jobs and i'm broke as hell...

Back