• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds starting seeds anyone?

newpeppergrower1105 said:
nice! those plants look really healthy! im also starting some seeds in a areogarden. when do you transplant them?
See the tallest one on the right? I just took that one out. So roughly one month, as they get huge pretty quick. I'm doing DWC btw.

, Walter
20130826_204451.jpg

20130826_204519.jpg

Got a few seeds started. Got 2 sprouts already as well.  :woohoo:   Unsure what to expect for this winter as I've only lived here for 4 years, and so far every winters been different. That said, have a room ready if it gets too cold so I can attempt my 1st overwintering. 

Yep, Although we get hard winters here, I have an idea for an indoor project this winter.  word arount the campfire is ultra hots and most habaneros do well indoors. gonne find out first hand.
And no doubt, I will be starting my "14" crop of reapers in Jan. incidently, I have a whole room in the basement that I can dedicate to a grow room.

It gets way too cold here to keep anything outdoors through the winter. We will get down into the teens and 20s pretty regularly in Dec-Jan and below freezing very often from usually mid Oct-March. I start my seeds indoors the first week of January and have them outside usually mid-March. This year it was April due to some freakish nights where it frosted over late march.

But I have some F3 Ice Scream Scorpion, Bubblegum 7, Jigsaw, and a cross of my own growing inside right now. I'm going to grow them indoors under the T5's through the winter so they will have a monster of a head start next year.

im currently starting a lot of varieties since i live near the beach its pretty windy so it only gets to 90's during mid summer and 40's is the lowest it gets

I started mine in late January this year, and might go a little earlier next year for the supers.  We had as "mild" winter here last year, but too cold to leave stuff out, and not a lot of room to overwinter inside.  I predict with the amount of rain we had this summer, it will be a very snowy winter.

Back