• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stay Tuned, I'm BACK

Well folks, let's try this again.
I wonder why I do this, am I a glutton for punishment? Do I really need all of this? The world will never know. I believe it is time well spent and I enjoy it. So here goes.

Last year was a bust, took some time off and regrouped. This year, I have a master plan. We will see what unfolds from here. No photos and no list yet just because I am putting the soaked seeds in the dirt in the AM. There are 14 on the list right now but that number is expected to double, if not triple. I am awaiting seeds from different sources and they will be added to the list. Once I have a few minutes and everything in front of me, I will finalize () my list and post it.
Wish me luck, this year should be exciting. Stay tuned for much more to come.

Blitz527 said:
Here it is folks, my 2019 grow list *finalized* I have a few peppers that I can not classify as I can not find them anywhere online besides in our forums, so if you could help me out with them that would be awesome. I tried my best to keep everything in its correct type.

Can not classify:
Tepin X Lemon Drop - capsicum annuum var. glabriusculum x baccatum
Peach Bleeder - Probably chinense/7Pot, but not certain.
Orange Turdcicle - chinense
Sri Lanka Chili Red - annuum

** The B. Hopson Tribute pepper is a variety that was grown by my step fathers grandfather the season before he passed away. It is not known what variety it is, but the seeds smelled like a super hot, and as most supers are Chinense, that's where I threw it. Always cool to be growing peppers with a history like that!

I will be hoping to keep these peppers true to what I'm putting in the dirt and not allowing OP. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Needs to be as cost efficient as possible. Thank you.  I'm planning to net whole branches on many and on some a whole (mostly) smaller plants kept in a 3g grow bag for that purpose. 1 or 2 I might isolate by location with friends and family, but so many varieties this year!

MikeUSMC has a cool trick he does on containers with tomato cages (a stake would work), netting, and a bungee I'll try to find a link to it.

You're off to a great start for your "I'm BACK" year, Blitz!

EDIT - Link is http://thehotpepper.com/topic/65865-how-to-prevent-cross-pollination/?p=1489620

** The B. Hopson Tribute pepper is a variety that was grown by my step fathers grandfather the season before he passed away. It is not known what variety it is, but the seeds smelled like a super hot, and as most supers are Chinense, that's where I threw it. I will be hoping to keep these peppers true to what I'm putting in the dirt and not allowing OP. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Needs to be as cost efficient as possible. Thank you.

Classy move Alex /salute

Awesome grow list buddy and by the looks of things your set up to have a solid grow this year buddy...wooohoo

Thank you. The man was a hell of a gardener. 78 years old, out turning a pretty large lot by hand. Hell, he was splitting a couple truck loads of wood by hand and stacking it. The man was awesome. My step dad forgot what type of pepper the seeds came from and I am sure they were OP, but I believe it's only right if I keep the strain what it was the last year he grew anything. And yeah, I'm hoping they all come in, even if I get just one plant to harvest some peppers from. My biggest thing is I want to take at least 2 or 3 limbs per plant and use that netting to prevent OP. Keep them true to type and use them for seed for next year and for trades.

No pics for this update. I have various stages right now from not doing anything to growing first sets of true leaves. Had to pluck a few helmets off, but most of the sprouts are doing very well. Pics will follow tomorrow.

With 3 boys already and kid #4 you might need a full garden to keep everyone fed!  :lol:  

I have 3 boys myself and have thought about that. They are extra picky eaters, and I've let them choose some things to grow themselves.

Can't wait to see more progress pics, especially with some of the same and/or similar varieties to what I've got started!

WELL... I wasnt able to do everything I hoped for this year, I had a decent grow, Went through a rough patch back in February. My sons mother and I split, So yet another wrench was thrown into my grow. My original start was a complete loss, I started a few other plants and had an okay yield. Our soil was VERY wet until mid-late may. We figured out the issue and hopefully fixed it. So next year, we will see. I will have 2 places to be growing for sure next year, possibly three. But I will be trying to update much more often, Like my first year here back in 2017. I luv yall, Keep em growing and Hopefully, Ill be back for good now :)

Sorry to hear about your ups and downs
this season,Alex.

Cheers for a better season in 2020

Back