• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Damnation Shane! Spent a couple hours on here catching up. Sorry to here about the virus spreading but it looks like you are making the most of it. I dig that perseverance man. First, nice looking dog and son. Second, what is working for you is REALLY working. Third, I want to pitch a tent in your backyard and just eat your leftovers.

I dig the pod reviews you are setting down. You have great weather for growing. Keep it up!
Gotta stay on your toes! I am a self proclaimed compulsive updater! As far as the virus goes,,,Eff that virus! Not too many leftovers at my place...foodie update inbound!

Wow, great poddage, there, bro! I almost got some burn just by looking at them. The oil dripping out of that carbon is just grotesque!

"Finally passed Paul in page count! Ok...now I quit! See you guys next season..."
Haha, my friend. To make this fair you need to take three weeks off while I go on a rampage
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Not worth a pic, but I quartered a Hungarian Yellow and a ripe Omnicolor
into a salami and swiss sandwich with a little mayo. They both flavored the
sandwich nicely, but the Omnicolor had an order of magnitude more heat
than the Hungarian. Maybe my Hungarian Yellow just isn't a very hot one.
Both of my hands, my face and patches across my stomach and chest are burning as I type! Another powder/sauce day...My Omnicolors are pretty hot too. Careful with those Goat's Weeds, they got a pretty good bite too! I know I cheated on the page count...and I am absolutely fine with that! :rofl:

That looks sooo tasty!​
What happened to pink shirt Shane?​
I see you went for a more manly look LOL​
It sure was tasty! The "SALMON" shirt is still kickin...just time to shift gears. Some folks were making some inaccurate assumptions :shh: . :rofl:

That infinity looks rough!

my laptop is having speaker issues, and so I didn't catch your description of the flavor. You were very clear though when you said never ever again though *chuckle*
It sure was...and that was the only part of the Vid you needed to hear.

I'm glad to see that the pod didn't "kill you". Geeze. I'm nIbbling on pieces. Don't know how I'd be able to eat a whole pod. Great job and great harvest. Let me know when superman is ready to fly.
Denniz
It came damn close...first time a pod almost made me hurl. That thing is no freakin joke! Superman is ready...but I'm out of bags. Gonna have to wait a couple more days 'till I can get some.

Shane, Damn fine job bro!!!...I think we now know for sure where the name comes from. I felt the same way...IS THIS GONNA END????? Just when I would think it was tapering off, it would come surging back mercilessly. I think it generated enough tearing that I was dehydrated afterwards....and I drank a beer with it, and the dolphins(slang for endorphins with me) went crazy afterwards!One is enough though for sure. Took damn near an hour to load that vid....but since you ate that monster on video I felt entirely obligated to make it work.I don't usually get the vids to load out here-but the gods have been with me 2 nights in a row.Fantastic job, you made it look easier than I ever could!

That sandwich almost made ME cry! At least the next meal is breakfast-so it won't be brown, between you and Jamie, my stomach is ready to start eating ME if I don't feed it soon!
Have a good one-
Dave
Breakfast is always the best meal of the day underway...you know what you're eating. There was absolutely nothing damn fine about that experience! Thanks again for the pods. Your other pods got SAUCED! :rofl:

Dam... Shane, You might have to start a thread on food preparation!
Awesome is an understatement!
Thanks man! I've been debating, and also dabbling around in the TD discussion for August. We'll see???

Can't remember where I read it, but I read that capsaicin can penetrate latex, and to use nitrile gloves, like these:

http://www.wisegeek....rile-gloves.htm

My husband had a whole box of them in the garage for working on the cars and motorcylces, so I confiscated a few.
Thanks for the heads up Bonnie! Where were you a couple days ago?!!!! :fireball: My freaking hands are on FIRE!!! :rofl:

I have heard the same thing. Hard to believe that latex is that porous.

+1 Gregg!
See above comment!!! :rofl:

So jealous. Keep it up man!
You're not far behind brotha! Won't be long and that landscaping pepper garden is gonna have you knee deep in pods!

Well another great weekend comes to a close :mope: lets take it out with a bang!
P1020110.jpg

Primos are ready!!! :flamethrower: :fire:

P1020121.jpg

A few more cool looking Primos in training. The plant is loaded with the craziest looking pods I've ever seen...
P1020112.jpg

P1020113.jpg

P1020114.jpg

Today's pull...I am truly blessed with pods!

P1020119.jpg

A closeup of some of the perdier ones...the Dos Equis is sitting right next to this...

P1020116.jpg

A Dos Siete! Double 7 pod!!!

Although I am blessed with pods...not so much with freezer space, so...
P1020108.jpg

Time to free up some more space by getting rid of these terrible Venison Steaks.

P1020109.jpg

You know what's next!!!

P1020124.jpg

Yeah baby!!! Chicken fried venison steaks with home=style cream gravy served once again on our finest Chinete

Couple more bonus pics if I get a bump...
Thanks for all the kind words folks, I had a perfect weekend. Spent some quality time with the family and some old friends. I hope you all had a great one as well.

Shane

Bump hero to the rescue.
Shane amazing pull those plants are working overtime for you cranking out pods left and right. That is double 7 pod twice the burn. The meal looks fantastic. Next week suppose to get hotter here so hopefully it is not that bad for you and your plants I am going to be using a shade cloth to protect my plants and pods. Keep up with the great work your doing.

Thanks Fernando!

So I dabbled a little in some steak sauce today...
P1020106.jpg

In the bowl are 2 smoked Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbons(Pr0digal_son), one Red Douglah, and one Douglah x Butch T(gnslngr)...Not pictured are 6 Big Jims peeled and seeded/

P1020107.jpg

Didn't quite end up with a full jar...but its enough and its HOT! Really good but still missing something??? I'll keep throwing stuff at it until its no longer edible or is delicious...I'll give exact measurements on this one once I get it right!

Leftovers are all yours Seth!!! Come and get 'em!
P1020123.jpg

Thanks again errybody!
Shane

Glad you had a good weekend, buddy.
I really enjoy your harvest pics and foodies.

That double pod is way cool.

Have a good week, Shane.

I am so hungry now... Thanks Shane :rolleyes:
I want my NuMex to start popping out pods so I can make some snacks... Heck even a Few Jala's would be nice, My harvest will come I just need to wait. :confused:

You got some cool looking stuff man, you are quite the inspiration.

Wow... It's been crazy busy, so it's taken awhile to catch up. First off, you are dominating in the profile pic category. Well done. Amazing harvest shot as well. Your grow is going awesome despite that disease that's been running through your plants. Finally, nice review on the infinity. It's funny, one of the guys from my church who has had a couple of the hotter peppers says that people just don't understand the level of hot and what the experience is like. They know it's "hot" but really have no idea what that experience is like. I find that true in listening to people comment on things. I could feel the throat burn just watching you in that video.

Well done Shane!

Glad you had a good weekend, buddy.
I really enjoy your harvest pics and foodies.

That double pod is way cool.

Have a good week, Shane.
So far...not so good on the week. Could be worse I suppose. Hope yours is going well my friend!

I am so hungry now... Thanks Shane :rolleyes:
I want my NuMex to start popping out pods so I can make some snacks... Heck even a Few Jala's would be nice, My harvest will come I just need to wait. :confused:

You got some cool looking stuff man, you are quite the inspiration.
Thanks man! Won't be long buddy...You'll have more than you know what to do with!

Most excellent pull Shane! Looks like it's all coming in for you now. The venison looked great too. Keep up the good work buddy!
I've pulled on all but a few of my very latest starts...I'm having a blast over here! Both fridges and freezers are overflowing! What a great season so far! You're having a banner year on your end as well!
Awesome harvest Shane! That siamese twin 7 pot is freakin cool! That steak sauce looks quite tastey as well. Keep on keepin on, my man!
Thanks! I has several double flowers try to set and even one triple...this is the only one that made it. Gotta throw down some steaks to test that sauce! I think I figured out what its missing...bourbon!

:dance: :dance: :dance: nough said ;)
You said it all!

Wow... It's been crazy busy, so it's taken awhile to catch up. First off, you are dominating in the profile pic category. Well done. Amazing harvest shot as well. Your grow is going awesome despite that disease that's been running through your plants. Finally, nice review on the infinity. It's funny, one of the guys from my church who has had a couple of the hotter peppers says that people just don't understand the level of hot and what the experience is like. They know it's "hot" but really have no idea what that experience is like. I find that true in listening to people comment on things. I could feel the throat burn just watching you in that video.

Well done Shane!
Hope things slow down for you a bit so you can enjoy your wonderful garden...you and I keep some strange hours my friend!

Made it home just in time to pull some pods...It was dark by the time I was finishing up, so I am sure I missed more than a few out there. Still found a couple though!
P1020125.jpg

The far right upper group of pods are the first good pull of BRAINS! I've pulled a couple here and there, but I am getting read to have a bunch of those crazy pods!

They look really small from way up here...but if you get a little closer...
P1020126.jpg

You can see they got some size to them...you can see how the Bhuts in the lower left and Brains in the lower right are mottled by the virus.

P1020128.jpg

Closer pic of l to r...Chocolate Hab, (not) Scorpion and Brain Strain...

I have also finally decided I am going to call the (not) Monster Infinity a Yellow 7 now that the newer pods are almost unmistakably 7 pot shaped, also the newer pods on the orange pumpkin looking pods are showing some 7 characteristics. So I think it was the Large Yellow 7's Griff sent and they are crossed possibly with an orange hab??? Its a cool plant regardless! I tried leaving them on some extra time Griff...no dice they're yellow/orange in color. I have maybe 10 quart size bags stuffed with super pods and an entire produce drawer full Jals/Bells and Big Jims... :dance: Momma's gettin' a little pissed. :rofl:

I may be able to do a propper update tomorrow. Will be powdering some Jals for sure...Hope your grows are burning you up!
Shane

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! What a wonderful night time harvest... woowww everything looks great. I cant wait to see you cook a meal :onfire:

Or fk it... do a late night review.... hellllll .. im up

Wow Shane those plants got you working overtime when things seemed bad they end up great. I need to print a picture of you harvest and hang in the sanctuary to educate and motivate my plants. Wife getting pissed your going to need to do what Beaglestorm did last year
First freeze tonight and for the next 3 days. I have not made room in the garage yet so hopefully a pair of shoes will be enough to keep my babies alive.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/26143-do-you-think-my-wife-will-notice/page__hl__%2Bbeaglestorm+%2Bshoes
That is an interesting about the yellow 7 and possible hab cross. I am trying to get some vicious crosses this year, so hopefully soon I will have some crazier pods for next year. Can not wait for the proper update.

Maybe tomorrow on the review Pia...I have a Douglah with my name on it in there...Gonna be crazy a few more weeks Doc...then all the first pods will be done and they should be on cruise control with a couple here and there...if not I need a deep freezer!!!

Thanks for the link fernando! I think I'm setting all mine of fire end of season... :mope: Maybe then this virus will finally be behind me!

"So far...not so good on the week. Could be worse I suppose. Hope yours is going well my friend!"

I don't like to hear that, my friend :mope: I hope things look up sooner than later!
You have a sterling attitude, but it's no fun being tested every time you turn around.

To paraphrase a buddy: A brain will fix ya up!

Hang in there, brothah!

Awesome as always shane! you are just covered up in pods. Lovin that chicken fried venison! im actually not a fan of venison steaks. i always just keep the backstraps whole and grind the rest. But i will say doing chicken friend steaks is a great way to use your venison! And man now im motivated to try my hand at a steak sauce. dont forget to post your exact measurements once you get it dialed in!

Pods are in full swing now.Are you getting sick of them yet? You've inspired me to put up a bunch of primo pics. My fav pepper this year so far for looks.

P1020128.jpg

Closer pic of l to r...Chocolate Hab, (not) Scorpion and Brain Strain...

I have also finally decided I am going to call the (not) Monster Infinity a Yellow 7 now that the newer pods are almost unmistakably 7 pot shaped, also the newer pods on the orange pumpkin looking pods are showing some 7 characteristics. So I think it was the Large Yellow 7's Griff sent and they are crossed possibly with an orange hab??? Its a cool plant regardless! I tried leaving them on some extra time Griff...no dice they're yellow/orange in color.

Well it seems by them pic that the choc habs are turning out ok. At least you kinda figured out what the plant might have been instead. It is still cool to see all the unusual crosses that are coming from the seeds I sent. :)

"So far...not so good on the week. Could be worse I suppose. Hope yours is going well my friend!"

I don't like to hear that, my friend :mope: I hope things look up sooner than later!
You have a sterling attitude, but it's no fun being tested every time you turn around.

To paraphrase a buddy: A brain will fix ya up!

Hang in there, brothah!
Yeah...Military life is great. I'm very proud to serve. The disciplinary side of things can be trying. Young folks and the things they get into...

Awesome as always shane! you are just covered up in pods. Lovin that chicken fried venison! im actually not a fan of venison steaks. i always just keep the backstraps whole and grind the rest. But i will say doing chicken friend steaks is a great way to use your venison! And man now im motivated to try my hand at a steak sauce. dont forget to post your exact measurements once you get it dialed in!
Thanks! I have been pulling some really good numbers lately! Venison is all about the prep and as was mentioned earlier their diet. The corn/grain fed deer are very good. I don't mind a bit gamey so I butcher and cook pretty much the whole thing. The sausage was a gift from a friend...The steak sauce was real good. I think I will mix a little bourbon in and see what that does. I will post the recipe once tuned.

Pods are in full swing now.Are you getting sick of them yet? You've inspired me to put up a bunch of primo pics. My fav pepper this year so far for looks.
They sure are...I got a couple more weeks of really good pulls I think. Most of these pods set before the virus hit them all. Their production will suffer in the back half of the season. I'll take it. I've read so many glogs where folks didn't get any production at all first season from their plants. Mine have really been champs!

Well it seems by them pic that the choc habs are turning out ok. At least you kinda figured out what the plant might have been instead. It is still cool to see all the unusual crosses that are coming from the seeds I sent. :)
The Choco Habs are really showing off...nice big beefy pods and loaded down. I owe so much of my season to the initial seeds you sent. Thanks again for helping me build an awesome season!

Hey Shane
Heads up... incoming! You should be getting a package tomorrow or the day after. Not superhot, but pretty tasty.
:dance: :dance: :dance: :woohoo:

Got a rare day at home during the week so I got a little kitchen/garden time in. First off I put together another batch of Cucumber Salsa...payed a bit more attention to ratios but I am still a wing it kinda guy, but this should get you close.

Here is "most" of what when in it...
P1020129.jpg

All this went in to start...the onions and tomatoes are kinda smallish. The peppers are Jamaican Hot yellows...I started to throw a couple more in there, but I am glad I didn't. Its good for me, but a little on the hot side for the rest of the fam.

I peeled and diced the cukes and onions and diced the pods and tomatoes...added 1 tbs minced garlic and one tsp garlic salt (I really like garlic you could sub in sea or table salt) I am not a fan of cilantro so none was added, but would be a nice addition if you gotta have it in your salsa. I then added the juice of 1/2 Ruby Red Grapefruit and 1 lemon. I adjusted the salt to my taste from there and...
P1020130.jpg

Here is the finished product...I really like the Jamaican Hot Yellows instead of the Jals...but they are much hotter so be careful not to make it too hot.

Had to have a lunch worthy of such a salsa!
P1020131.jpg

So I used some leftover steak for some quick Carne Asada...

P1020132.jpg

also took the steak sauce I made on a little test drive...its HOT!!! I was sweating the sniffling through this one.

P1020133.jpg

Gnarly Bhut with the Mottle Virus look to it...

P1020136.jpg

A couple Devil's Tongue Browns...

P1020138.jpg

My Red Lantern Hab is really kicking! I haven't tried one of these...YET!

P1020139.jpg

Here's one of my Manzano trees...I have 6 of these really kicking in!

P1020140.jpg

and the first Manzano is FINALLY ripening!!!

P1020143.jpg

Smaller Harvest today...won't be home again until Friday and should be a really big harvest then...

Few bonus pics should I get a bump...

Thanks for checkin in folks!
Shane

Back