• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Shane, sorry to hear about your week. I know how it feels man. Something about the brand spankin new guys thinking they can't talk to anyone...

Anyways, you look like you are gonna need a bigger freezer! It is crazy he the harvests just keep getting bigger and bigger! Those brains look killer, definitley a keeper. I haven't seen many with that pointy tail, really cool shape. Also, next time you decide to purge your freezer of delicious wild beast meat, you could always extend the invite... :lol:

Wow Shane I have missed out on a bunch. Looks like your garden is in full swing. That smoker is gonna be running non stop brotha!
Man, I'm fallin behind! It's freakin crazy! It's going to slow down soon...or maybe stop???

Extreme.....hmmmmm
I know, I feel like a sellout. The thing that sucked me in was unlimited photos and no more need for photobucket...oh yeah and it was half price. Dunno if I like it yet??? If it actually does get rid of the post photo limit I'll be happy.

Shane, sorry to hear about your week. I know how it feels man. Something about the brand spankin new guys thinking they can't talk to anyone...

Anyways, you look like you are gonna need a bigger freezer! It is crazy he the harvests just keep getting bigger and bigger! Those brains look killer, definitley a keeper. I haven't seen many with that pointy tail, really cool shape. Also, next time you decide to purge your freezer of delicious wild beast meat, you could always extend the invite... :lol:
Im going to either need a bigger freezer, or more time to work on powders! Maybe a week of leave to get dru...err I mean caught up!

Hey, Shane! Man, you've been through the wringer, buddy.
Hope you are starting to feel like you're coming out the other
side. Service life isn't for everybody; sorry it had to come to
that for the young lady. Hope she is coping okay.

You were 'extreme' before it became a thing, my friend :D

I think extreme is the way to go. Anything to separate myself from the unwashed masses and demonstrate my superiority.

Plus, I guess supporting the website is ok too...

The photo album looks cool, I should try that out

Great harvest Shane the plants are loving what you are doing to them. Those pods will be keeping you busy through the winter. You got thinking about the extreme going to look into that.

Hey, Shane! Man, you've been through the wringer, buddy.
Hope you are starting to feel like you're coming out the other
side. Service life isn't for everybody; sorry it had to come to
that for the young lady. Hope she is coping okay.

You were 'extreme' before it became a thing, my friend :D
Yeah, its been a little rough over here, but I'm hangin in there! She's in a facility with limited visiting hours now. I hope to go see her on Wednesday.

Thanks for that extreme comment too buddy!

I think extreme is the way to go. Anything to separate myself from the unwashed masses and demonstrate my superiority.

Plus, I guess supporting the website is ok too...

The photo album looks cool, I should try that out
Uh...oh! I didn't know "washed" was a prerequisite! I better keep my head (and arms) down! Photo Album is OK...not sold on this thing yet.

Great harvest Shane the plants are loving what you are doing to them. Those pods will be keeping you busy through the winter. You got thinking about the extreme going to look into that.
The harvest was a little nuts??? I'm not OCD enough to count the pods, but I wish I had. There were a bunch. I have almost that many ripe again today (minus the large pods). Hopefully I can pull some tomorrow.

I am the anti Extreme . Please don't hate on me ;)
I was a bit irritated with the idea at first...not the reason I came here. I gave it a shot because of the half price deal and the hope of no post photo limit...so much for that. The photo gallery is a little tough to use, and if there's a way to re-order the photos in there I can't find it. So you either have to upload them one at a time in the order you want them in there, or take the photos in the perfect order in the first place. Maybe it'll grow on me??? I don't like the thought of an extreme only grow forum (or others) think it goes against what this site is (was) about. Hope its not a sign of things to come.

:) I can't speak for Shane, but I, for one, don't mind mingling with the common folk :D
Lol...sure don't mind supporting the site. Just hope it doesn't end up all segregated...that would be a shame.

Well didn't get home in time to harvest today, but I did end up with some fresh peppers!
gallery_5729_11_1939710.jpg

Courtesy of Rick! Some fresh Gochus and a nice selection of Gochu seeds!

I didn't waste any time and grilled the pods up with dinner...nice sweet pepper (aside from when they explode on the grill into your eyes and face :rofl: )
[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:11]
I really enjoyed the pepper...really sweet! A tad tough though. Just due to my lack of Gochu expertise! I will definitely be growing some out for next season!

My first training run in ages on Saturday went well. 20 miles in the mountains near Lake Elsinore. BRUTAL, but necessary. I will be running more in prep for my upcoming 100 miler in November...ughhh.

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Things are looking up. I have to attend a class tomorrow here in San Diego, so no 200 mile round trip for me :dance: plus an extra couple nights at the house...

Night all!
Shane

Yeah, its been a little rough over here, but I'm hangin in there! She's in a facility with limited visiting hours now. I hope to go see her on Wednesday.
I hope you find her in as good spirits as can be expected under the circumstances.
Thanks for that extreme comment too buddy!
That was an easy call, man!
I don't like the thought of an extreme only grow forum (or others) think it goes against what this site is (was) about. Hope its not a sign of things to come.
It is what it is, brothah. It's cool that THP is upgrading some services
for those who want that. I don't feel bad if folk take advantage. As
long as I'm not considered unwashed. Although sometimes I am :D
There are other sites with levels of membership, like Photobucket,
and there wouldn't be much point in excluding each group from the other.
Lol...sure don't mind supporting the site. Just hope it doesn't end up all segregated...that would be a shame.
It's okay, Andy, you can always visit my house ;) We take all comers!
My first training run in ages on Saturday went well. 20 miles in the mountains near Lake Elsinore. BRUTAL, but necessary. I will be running more in prep for my upcoming 100 miler in November...ughhh.
Do you have to run a 100 miler without stopping?
Is there a certain max time you're allowed?
Thanks for stopping by everyone! Things are looking up. I have to attend a class tomorrow here in San Diego, so no 200 mile round trip for me :dance: plus an extra couple nights at the house...
Night all!
Shane
Guess the next couple of days will be like a vacation, my friend! Enjoy!

[background=rgb(255, 250, 242)]Do you have to run a 100 miler without stopping? [/background]
You stop at aid stations to refill water bottles/bladders and grab some food and then on your way.
[background=rgb(255, 250, 242)]Is there a certain max time you're allowed?[/background]
Yes, most races have a 30 hour time limit...this one is 34. Not due to being more relaxed, but due to extreme difficulty. There are around 25000 ft of vertical climb on this race...took me 32hrs 47 minutes last year.
chimeraelevationprofile.jpg

Here is the elevation profile...

and my finishing photos from last year...
chimerafinish3.jpg

Me and my Family at the finish.

chimerafinish4.jpg

My wife helping me to the finishers area...

chimerafinish6.jpg

Receiving my finisher's medal and commemorative belt buckle.

chimerafinish8.jpg

and I just love this pic because you can see the pride on my wife's face.

One of my proudest moments. I know its not pepper related, but so be it! It rained in the valleys and snowed and sleeted on the peaks...I weigh 230 lbs, I am definitely not built for distance, but I finished it! The drop rate was about 50%.

As far as the vaca today, not really. I will be getting home around the same time I normally do, just minus the drive. We'll see about the site I suppose???
Take care Paul,
Shane

Great info Shane,
It's cool to see your glog expanding to other info, not just the plant grow. I appreciate the food preps and the side notes with work and the personel life. That last photo shows it all....your wife is proud to stand by your side. Now on a serious note, who does the dishes......

On a side note.

I can see the point of "extreme" for folks that have a product line to sell and others who wish to display an art gallery of photos. I haven't researched it, there's probably alot more advantages for the member. For me, I do the glog "thing" here and an occasional food "shot" to be viewed by anyone......that includes guests who aren't even resistered here. If the day comes when we all have to pay the "cover charge" to enter than I will subscribe. This site keeps getting bigger and better and I can understand theres a cost behind it.

Greg

and I just love this pic because you can see the pride on my wife's face.

One of my proudest moments. I know its not pepper related, but so be it! It rained in the valleys and snowed and sleeted on the peaks...I weigh 230 lbs, I am definitely not built for distance, but I finished it! The drop rate was about 50%.

That's cool, and yeah that had to feel good. And yeah, you can see the pride on your wife's face - I can see why you like the picture, good stuff.

We'll cheer you on when you make it this year too! Truth be told, I cannot believe anyone makes that. It must take forever, and your body has to be off for a few days at least, I'd think.

Shane your grow is EXTREME!! Must have happened because you are now and extreme member. Mine must not have kicked in yet. Oh well I'll keep waiting.

Awesome race pics. Your wife looks proud indeed! And she had every reason to be. Heck I would have given up at 5 miles (and that's being liberal with my "abilities").

Awesome job Shane with finishing the run last year that is a great moment to have and share with your family. Mmm ribs love that freezer shot on your album. Soon it will be time to add a third freezer lol. Hope everything is going well for you, your family, and the sailor. Good luck with the training

Your wife looks proud as a peacock! That is a great accomplishment to have under your belt. I hope we don't end up like church and state here but I think it is inevitable with the growing community.

damnn your garden is full of pods shane, thats lots of heat for you bra :onfire: :onfire: , and awesome job finishing the run, your whole family is proud of you...

Back