• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Wow Shane! You're still raking in the harvests. Nice!! The poppers look marvelous. I bet that Primo was superb! You're right about them being good for powder.

8 foot trees, manzano's going off, primo poppers. You are a chili machine. Looks like the perect labor day weekend brotha from anotha:)

If it's any consolation, I'm sort-of feeling your pain... After saving the seeds, I just now chowed down the brainstrain Jamie sent me with a corned beef sandwich ... I see what you mean about them tasting like dish soap... the burn started building after about 3 bites and reached a crescendo shortly after finishing the sandwich... by which time the waterworks turned on and I began to sweat and the nose to run... It took half a 25 oz can of Foster's Ale to put out the fire.

With all my issues at work (even more drama than before). I have been coming home less and less. I was getting home a couple times during the week before, but those days are gone. I am now up there Monday-Friday and here on the weekends. On top of that I have my training going on, and my son's football games to attend that have priority on Saturdays. So I am down to Sundays :mope:, that is unless we get a three day weekend like this one!!! :party: So stand by for more updates!!! lol :rofl:

Okay, I'm tired now just reading about your crazy, hectic lifestyle!!! I feel overwhelmed and my harvests are tiny compared to yours ... and I don't even work, LOL! I do have one son in football and one in soccer though, and of course their practices and games are at the same time in different towns. Between my husband and I, we should make most of the games, but there's a couple of traveling ones that might be impossible for either of us to get to.

Glad to hear your training is going pretty well, and sorry you're having to work so much, but I see you're still managing to find time to rake in more unbelievable harvests. Congratulations on a very successful season!!! :clap:

Great harvest my man! Wow those Primos are shiney, they lock different than the ones that I'm growing which are dull colored and bumpy. I like the idea of stuffing the Bishop Crown's, that seed cap takes up the whole top. You cored those better than the "Chef of the Future" and his all purpose kitchen gadget....skate key and all........ha

When does your season end? We have still have a good month here, then its time to start cutting the growing tips and stripping lower leaves. I'm taking a good look, after I harvest today to figure out which to overwinter. Dam the daylight hours are shotening just when the plants sre starting to run...I hope to pick as much as I can during the week since the weekends are dedicated to watching football!

Greg

Someone should name their first born after you, you sir, are a brave man. And props on the harvest!
Someone should name their first child Dumbass??? :rofl:

Okay, I'm tired now just reading about your crazy, hectic lifestyle!!! I feel overwhelmed and my harvests are tiny compared to yours ... and I don't even work, LOL! I do have one son in football and one in soccer though, and of course their practices and games are at the same time in different towns. Between my husband and I, we should make most of the games, but there's a couple of traveling ones that might be impossible for either of us to get to.

Glad to hear your training is going pretty well, and sorry you're having to work so much, but I see you're still managing to find time to rake in more unbelievable harvests. Congratulations on a very successful season!!! :clap:
Busy is relative to what you're doing...I would not in a billion years want my Wife's job! Taking care of the homefront is WORK! I call momma the Secretary of War and Finance. She has a job on top of that now, and with the amount of time I spend away from home she ends up doing a lot of "my" stuff too. Taking care of the pool and yard...and even helping my with my crazy pepper grow. So don't ever say you don't work lady, we know the truth!

If it's any consolation, I'm sort-of feeling your pain... After saving the seeds, I just now chowed down the brainstrain Jamie sent me with a corned beef sandwich ... I see what you mean about them tasting like dish soap... the burn started building after about 3 bites and reached a crescendo shortly after finishing the sandwich... by which time the waterworks turned on and I began to sweat and the nose to run... It took half a 25 oz can of Foster's Ale to put out the fire.
Yeah read it...thank goodness for BEER!!! Great job and congrats on joining the super-eater club!

8 foot trees, manzano's going off, primo poppers. You are a chili machine. Looks like the perect labor day weekend brotha from anotha:)
Thanks man...it was a great weekend, jam packed with too much to do! Still found time for a short nap on Monday!

Wow Shane! You're still raking in the harvests. Nice!! The poppers look marvelous. I bet that Primo was superb! You're right about them being good for powder.
Thanks! That Primo was BRUTALLY good...I should get enough for a nice bag of hell on earth powder.

Great harvest my man! Wow those Primos are shiney, they lock different than the ones that I'm growing which are dull colored and bumpy. I like the idea of stuffing the Bishop Crown's, that seed cap takes up the whole top. You cored those better than the "Chef of the Future" and his all purpose kitchen gadget....skate key and all........ha

When does your season end? We have still have a good month here, then its time to start cutting the growing tips and stripping lower leaves. I'm taking a good look, after I harvest today to figure out which to overwinter. Dam the daylight hours are shotening just when the plants sre starting to run...I hope to pick as much as I can during the week since the weekends are dedicated to watching football!

Greg
Shoot I dunno??? I had a couple Jals winter over without even really trying. I just set them outside the sliding glass door and it kept them from frosting back. I would imaging mid December its gonna be over. I'm not overwintering any due to the virus. Fresh start next season with pages out of your book. All containers with all new soil.

Holy :censored: Shane... it sounds like the cream cheese and bacon fat just spread the capsaicin around in your mouth and system that much faster... That Primo sounds like it's weapons-grade! :flamethrower: :mouthonfire: If you say it was too much, then I know where to draw the line! Nice looking presentation though... :hell:
It sure was hot man...pretty good, but I'm not in a hurry to make any more!

That harvest is boss! poppers look great but superhot poppers that a realm im not touching! So if one hurt your gut what did you do with the rest?
I may try some with My Habs next...I have used orange habs before and liked them so maybe they'll be a bit less harsh.

Primo poppers, now THAT is hard-core!
Really wanted to try one, but REALLY didn't wanna just pop one in and chew. Figured I could get the gist of it by popping one up...mission accomplished!

Speaking of your powders.... I dunno who was but I am now.... I just food processed some peppers (different kinds) and about coughed up a lung. I cant imagine what its like to grind that crap when its dry and airborne. What in the world am I getting myself into. But I have to say, the two lil packets that I received from USMC and Matt of your powders was soooo good.. its all worth it if it comes out half as good....So I will give up a lung for the greater good of my tastebuds :dance: :fireball: :rofl: :rofl:

Speaking of your powders.... I dunno who was but I am now.... I just food processed some peppers (different kinds) and about coughed up a lung. I cant imagine what its like to grind that crap when its dry and airborne. What in the world am I getting myself into. But I have to say, the two lil packets that I received from USMC and Matt of your powders was soooo good.. its all worth it if it comes out half as good....So I will give up a lung for the greater good of my tastebuds :dance: :fireball: :rofl: :rofl:
No need to give up a lung... I have a used, $10 blade-type coffee grinder I got at a thrift store. After grinding with it, I let it sit for a few minutes so the dust has a chance to settle before dumping it into the canning-type funnel in the mouth of the storage jar. Again, leave the grinder upside-down in the funnel for a few minutes to let the dust settle, and do it again as needed...

The powders are BRUTAL! Do them outside!!! Take Rick's advise and wait a bit before opening the grinder and wear a mask. You'll still feel it.

No need to give up a lung... I have a used, $10 blade-type coffee grinder I got at a thrift store. After grinding with it, I let it sit for a few minutes so the dust has a chance to settle before dumping it into the canning-type funnel in the mouth of the storage jar. Again, leave the grinder upside-down in the funnel for a few minutes to let the dust settle, and do it again as needed...
Great advice!

Well I got a rare chance to come home on a weekday! :dance:

You all know what that means...BONUS UPDATE!!! :party:
gallery_5729_49_5136447.jpg

Massive Barrackpore!!!

gallery_5729_49_1595822.jpg

Another gnarly Primo...

gallery_5729_49_253094.jpg

Nice Scotch Bonnet!

gallery_5729_49_3174499.jpg

Yellow Scorpion...or 7 Pot...or something?!?!?!

gallery_5729_49_4011342.jpg

Funky Brain Strain...

gallery_5729_49_2784206.jpg

A few more Scotch Bonnets...

gallery_5729_49_607378.jpg

and a few more Yellow Scorps...or whatever???

gallery_5729_49_5294949.jpg

7 Pot loading up for round 2!

gallery_5729_49_1292728.jpg

Smaller harvest than my others...BUT I'LL TAKE IT!!!

gallery_5729_49_3630730.jpg

Couple Huge Barrackpores...these are yours Emon!!!

Just gonna ask everyone send a prayer out...was caught up in traffic when I was finally almost home today. Just found out as I was posting this it was a terrible crash involving 5 kids from the High School my daughters attend. 3 in critical condition and 2 in serious condition.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers folks,
Shane

Wowzer Shane!! Amazing harvest!! And that Juevos Rancheros had the hubby drooling! lol! Are you sure you have sick plants?! Glad to see the season is treating you well despite the virus issues! The primo popper regardless of being cooked was a scorcher I am sure! I made some jalapeno poppers at my moms, my bro said to make a 7pot yellow popper with the leftover filling, the hubby didn't make it that day due to work so he sent a plate home. Next day I see him warming food up and then go straight for that popper....he was burning real good after that! I doubt he even tasted the rest of his food! :rofl: Those supers don't lose much of their heat after cooking. Good luck with the training and rest of our long season!! :D

Damn Brother!! I wish I could get one harvest like that soon. my chinense are starting to set quite a few pods now that the temps have been around 100 and somewhat cloudy the last week. Came home from Utah monday to alot more pods than last week. So hopefully in a month or so I might get a harvest like that. Let's hope all the kids make it Ok, god willing. Puts everything in perspective, thats for sure.

Emon

Wowzer Shane!! Amazing harvest!! And that Juevos Rancheros had the hubby drooling! lol! Are you sure you have sick plants?! Glad to see the season is treating you well despite the virus issues! The primo popper regardless of being cooked was a scorcher I am sure! I made some jalapeno poppers at my moms, my bro said to make a 7pot yellow popper with the leftover filling, the hubby didn't make it that day due to work so he sent a plate home. Next day I see him warming food up and then go straight for that popper....he was burning real good after that! I doubt he even tasted the rest of his food! :rofl: Those supers don't lose much of their heat after cooking. Good luck with the training and rest of our long season!! :D
They're in full swing for sure. Just about the time one gets done with round one ripening another plant decides its time to kick in. I had one of the Black Naga poppers last night...brutal, but manageable. I had a pretty good burn on the outside of the lips for a long time. Hours later gave momma a kiss good night and she immediately started cursing me. :rofl:

Damn Brother!! I wish I could get one harvest like that soon. my chinense are starting to set quite a few pods now that the temps have been around 100 and somewhat cloudy the last week. Came home from Utah monday to alot more pods than last week. So hopefully in a month or so I might get a harvest like that. Let's hope all the kids make it Ok, god willing. Puts everything in perspective, thats for sure.

Emon
It'll come Eric. I lived in the desert for years (El Paso) and its tough to grow anything there. It goes from freezing cold to blazing hot over about a one month stretch. No consistently good grow temps. Try some wilds like Tepin and Pequins they love the heat and should do well.

3 of the kids are OK and have been released from the Hospital. One has several broken bones that will require surgery over the next week or so and one was placed into a medically induced coma and is in bad shape. The two worst were brothers...keep the prayers coming in folks.

I had a pretty good burn on the outside of the lips for a long time. Hours later gave momma a kiss good night and she immediately started cursing me. :rofl:

That honestly never gets old for me when I do that to my wife. I'm juvenile.

3 of the kids are OK and have been released from the Hospital. One has several broken bones that will require surgery over the next week or so and one was placed into a medically induced coma and is in bad shape. The two worst were brothers...keep the prayers coming in folks.

Just said a prayer for them and their families now Shane.

Just gonna ask everyone send a prayer out...was caught up in traffic when I was finally almost home today. Just found out as I was posting this it was a terrible crash involving 5 kids from the High School my daughters attend. 3 in critical condition and 2 in serious condition.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers folks,
Shane

prayers being sent that way.

Prayers sent. Another great harvest. I have lots of pods and I'm just waiting on them to ripen. My Bhut is loaded and I get about two ripe pods every two weeks. Ugh

Not pepper related...just wanted to see if I could post this link and it work. This is from the top of a peak near my house. I am in the neighborhood to the SSE. I run for Wounded Warrior Project and as soon as I figure out if/where its legal to post the info on here I will. Another big run tomorrow then SOME HARVEST PICS!!!

http://360.io/4RzzRn
You can see 360 degrees just drag the photo left or right.

Hope you folks are having a kicka$$ weekend I sure am! My boy kicked some A on the football field today and the Horns are winning big!!!

The link worked fine. Very cool!

My boy rocked it on the football field this week too! :dance: Unfortunately, my other son's soccer team got slaughtered yesterday. :mope: I was surprised how much more competitive things get when they move to the U10 age group.

Dang it now I need to get some primped. My neighbor thinks he can take it but have never seen him with any thing hotter than jalapenos. Would love to throw some of those poppers to him. Garden and pods still looking good.

Well I finally got around to pulling some pods...I still need to get them together for a nice group photo, but here are a few pics!
gallery_5729_51_4293953.jpg

Yellow???

gallery_5729_51_3902484.jpg

Bishop's Crown

gallery_5729_51_1516478.jpg

Wild Brazil

gallery_5729_51_4215052.jpg

Manzanos

gallery_5729_51_4165658.jpg

The Primo bush...with some tepins on the foreground.

gallery_5729_51_393733.jpg

Another Gnarly Primo...

gallery_5729_51_1801061.jpg

And another!

gallery_5729_51_3624874.jpg

Brains

gallery_5729_51_3974392.jpg

Grrrrrrrr!!! Once again attempted to toss this guy over the fence...didn't quite make it over. Kinda popped on impact. Damn, rest in a whole lot of little sticky pieces Mr. Hornworm.

gallery_5729_51_1642940.jpg

Here's the money shot...gonna try to do a few individual and group shots. First really good haul of Manzanos...maybe two dozen. Same with the Primos. Maybe 30 of them dudes. Great day today!

Back