• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stefan_W's Great Big Beefy Pepper Adventure: Grow List

Stefan very nice list, great luck! BTW what do you mean by "second year" do you mean you have to grow it for 2 seasons?

The ones that are second year are the ones I am overwintering at the moment. If things work out well I plan to include the rocotos in next year's overwinter.

Happy holidays!

Glad them biker Billy's got to you and are on yor list. Ask me for ang others and I will send my friend. Btw. How's your daughter.

The biker billys have a special place on the list, thank you very much for sending them!

My daughter is doing better this week than she has been in months. We are thankful to have hope under the tree for Christmas, because that is better than anything else I could possibly get.

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is the time when kids wait for Santa, and pray that they were good enough to stay off of his naughty list.

Pugs, on the other hand, know they can be shit heads the entire year and still get presents. Our pug, Ramsay, just loves helping us open our presents! This year there may be a couple of special things just for him under the tree.

Merry Christmas from our family, and our pug.

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Our pitbull is the same way it always a enjoyment to see the excitement on their face when they see a squeaky toy or doggie treats.

This shot was taken from my front window a few minutes ago. The yellow pole in the background is a marker for where the fire hydrant is so that firefighters can find it in the winter.

IMG_0923.JPG

Despite the wintery conditions my daughter and I planted 4 early jalapeno seeds last night. We like to watch plants grow, and I am hoping to get a few jalapenos for a snack prior to setting plants outside.

Nice grow list there!! It always amazes me when people are talking about grow lists and talking /posting about snow all at the same time. And that's a lot of snow!!

Best of luck with the new season ahead. Happy Holidays!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Our pitbull is the same way it always a enjoyment to see the excitement on their face when they see a squeaky toy or doggie treats.

Puppies and Christmas just go together. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Nice grow list there!! It always amazes me when people are talking about grow lists and talking /posting about snow all at the same time. And that's a lot of snow!!

Best of luck with the new season ahead. Happy Holidays!!

Yeah, it will be on the ground the entire time I am waiting for seeds to sprout, and it is very surreal.

Happy holidays to you and your family as well!

Hi Stefan
Looks like we're going to have to delay our return trip due to the weather. After the snowfall we had around Christmas, we're getting another 6 inches here in St John this morning. Trying to be patient, but itching to go...

Stefan, that pic just looks...cold! Seriously, though, glad you and your Daughter were able to get some seeds sown to kick off the new season. I love watching them pop.

Hi Stefan
Looks like we're going to have to delay our return trip due to the weather. After the snowfall we had around Christmas, we're getting another 6 inches here in St John this morning. Trying to be patient, but itching to go...

I'm sorry to hear that. The snow can really pile up in that area at this time of year, which sucks because you want to get home after the holidays. I just looked at the forecast and it looks like you may have a window on Monday when the temps climb above freezing and the snow turns to rain in the afternoon. But that would still be brutal driving. I hope you and your family make it home safely!

And welcome to wonderful Canada :welcome: Slogan: Come for the people, stay for the weather!

Stefan, that pic just looks...cold! Seriously, though, glad you and your Daughter were able to get some seeds sown to kick off the new season. I love watching them pop.

Yeah, that is one of my favourite parts of growing from seed. Right now I'm at the part where I'm stressing about whether any will pop at all, which is one of my least favorite parts. :P I'll post some pics if/when they come up. I only put four seeds in the ground because I only want one plant, so there is no guarantee that anything will come of it.

Yeah, that is one of my favourite parts of growing from seed. Right now I'm at the part where I'm stressing about whether any will pop at all, which is one of my least favorite parts. :P I'll post some pics if/when they come up. I only put four seeds in the ground because I only want one plant, so there is no guarantee that anything will come of it.

Yeah, plant three or four and nothing pops. Plant five or six and they all pop!

I heard a lot of fantastic things about Sicman's powders, so I decided to give them a try. I asked for a pile of jalapeno powder, and I gave him an amount of cash and let him decide what else to include in the order. I figure he knows which of his powders are best better than I do.

The package had some interesting treats in it, as you can see in this picture.
IMG_0929.JPG

I am saving the SicMix, which I am dying to try, for the next time I make wings.

This is a strange time of year to get powders. When I buy something I normally cook or bake with it and post a pile of pictures, but considering I ate my body weight in turkey over the past few days the last thing I wanted to do was cook a pile of extra food. Then I noticed the "white rush" powder, and saw the warning that it contains salt. I was making popcorn, and a light bulb went off in my brain. I sprinkled about a teaspoon of white rush over powder in place of the salt I would normally add. It gave a nice, slow burn that definitely shanged things up for me in a very positive way.
IMG_0931.JPG

If all of Sicman's powders are as good as this one I'm in for big treats over the weeks to come.

I'll post more pics as I experiement with the powders I bought from Sicman, Judy, and Joyner's.

Back