Stem problem

Hi everyone.  I'm having some trouble with one of my plants where its stem is thin on the bottom but is normal further up.  This is a problem because the stem on the bottom isn't strong enough to support the plant.  I currently have it held up by a pencil, and was wondering what I should do.  There isn't room in the cup it's in now to replant it lower, but I figured when I move to 5 gallon bags I can always cover it up to where the stem is thicker.  If there's anything else I could do I could use some suggestions.  Below I a picture I took a few minutes ago.

Cx88FUH.jpg

repot  it up to the green .   :onfire:   
Suezotiger said:
Hi everyone.  I'm having some trouble with one of my plants where its stem is thin on the bottom but is normal further up.  This is a problem because the stem on the bottom isn't strong enough to support the plant.  I currently have it held up by a pencil, and was wondering what I should do.  There isn't room in the cup it's in now to replant it lower, but I figured when I move to 5 gallon bags I can always cover it up to where the stem is thicker.  If there's anything else I could do I could use some suggestions.  Below I a picture I took a few minutes ago.

Cx88FUH.jpg
love the pencil idea !   :onfire:

stoney's_ghost said:
That is strange. Never seen that before. Hmm.

Me neither...haven't seen anyone here with the same problem

moruga welder said:
repot  it up to the green .    :onfire:   

love the pencil idea !    :onfire:

Thanks :P I just hope it doesn't rot.  A pen might have been better now that I think of it...

Suezotiger said:

Me neither...haven't seen anyone here with the same problem

Thanks :P I just hope it doesn't rot.  A pen might have been better now that I think of it...

won't rot , it will grow new roots ,  do you run a fan on your plants ?  this will help roots get more vigorous and strengthening up the plant for the real winds .   :onfire:

moruga welder said:
won't rot , it will grow new roots ,  do you run a fan on your plants ?  this will help roots get more vigorous and strengthening up the plant for the real winds .   :onfire:

Sorry I meant the pencil might rot :P  And yes I had a fan on them when they were younger to fight fungus and recently put it back on when I noticed this problem.  Thanks for the help  :dance:

n.p. ! yea i have a 20" oscilating fan on them now for 15 minutes a clip on med . will bump thigh soon . they'll be ready for the real winds . but will still cage and tie up 

I've seen something similar with pubes but not that extreme. What is it? The stems look a little fuzzy? but the leaves dont. It looks kinda baccatumish?

hogleg said:
I've seen something similar with pubes but not that extreme. What is it? The stems look a little fuzzy? but the leaves dont. It looks kinda baccatumish?

It's an Aji Habanero so you're right about it being a baccatum.

My purple jalapenos always do that! The base is purple/dark and has little white knobs on it. They grow up just fine, though.

Back