• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Still have pepper maggots...

I give up. I've tried sevin, neem, ortho, infant blood...EVERYTHING. and still, EVERY SINGLE PEPPER is ruined before it ripens. What the fvck do I do?? Wait till the pod sets, then wrap a tea bag around it?? Set my entire garden on fire and start again??

I give up. I've tried sevin, neem, ortho, infant blood...EVERYTHING. and still, EVERY SINGLE PEPPER is ruined before it ripens. What the fvck do I do?? Wait till the pod sets, then wrap a tea bag around it?? Set my entire garden on fire and start again??

tried sprinkling used coffee around the soil? companion planting - I've used marigolds last year near my plants just to attract insects (and keep them away from the important plants)

I think slick is referring to used coffee grounds.

i think the marigolds will repel them. marigolds has that smell that some insects do not like.

used coffee grounds is what I meant - thanks franzb69
marigolds are awesome - they get rid of things like nematodes but also attract caterpillars away from important plants like chillies :) they grow with very little assistance and self seed very easily (so need to lots of seeds/seedlings)

Back