• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Strawberry Habanero Sauce

I have been wanting to make a strawberry sauce for a while and last night i finally made some!

Strawberries
Orange Habs (didn't have any red type)
Red wine vinegar
Brown cane sugar (just a little)
Lime juice (for PH adjustments)

I cooked the strawberries and habs together before blending, then after blending.. I cooked again..
Pretty Simple and Pretty Awesome!!

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

This is excellent. Get bottles and get it out there. Vinegar hits the nose upon opening but doesn't seem to come through in the flavor, which is good IMO. The strawberry flavor is great and the heat is spectacular. Not bhut hot, but for habs you got it nice and hot. Going to make dinner. Can't wait for dessert and vanilla ice cream. Will update

Well that was 16 habs and about 1 pound of strawberries.
The heat is perfect.
Dinner last night was interesting. Used it for a dipping sauce for my chicken. Chicken and strawberries, who'da thunk?
Ok so Paulky is onto something with chicken and waffles.
Then dessert. Vanilla ice cream....and....we...have....liftoff
100_0823.jpg

I was going to cover it, but glad I didn't. It is good to have some plain ice cream to cool off. I love hot sauces that are sweet and good on ice cream. The hot/cold irony on your tongue. Love It

If you decide to label and sell this mark me down for 2 5oz. bottles and let me know the price. The 5oz bottles ship well in small flatrate boxes.

Once again great sauce. I wish I had come up with it.

Well everyone that has try this sauce loves it and since then I have made many more batches, I'm getting my good friend that is a graphic designer to make a cool label, I'll keep you guys posted on when I will have the final product..

Go with the 5oz bottles. I am still working on that 700gallon bottle you sent me. :rofl:
Haha, yeah man, I'm going with 5oz... Lol
But hey, it's better to have more than not enough..!
I already have a few 5oz bottles sealed up, just waiting on a label and more bottles..
Did your friend ever un-chicken out on trying the sauce??

Back