Strongest Beer In The World

In Texas they are not classified as beer once they reach a certain percentage...read the TABC link I posted.

As the law is currently written by the TTB in the United States, any fermented beverage that has its sugar sources coming from AT LEAST 50% barley, is considered a beer, regardless of the alcohol content

As such, freeze distilling is illegal in the United States still to this day, and through heat distillation, you are required to get a distillers license and pay distillers taxes, therefore its no longer "beer" by law, its a distilled mash that just happens to consist of barley

That is why you will never see any of those beers that are freeze distilled from scotland produced that way in the US. It is laws that are still in practice from Prohibition

And yes, I do have a bottle of Utopias, as well as a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin, and I have also tried Sink the Bismark and The End of History, which was 55% alcohol, and until this current beer, was the highest in the world.

Wheebz, can you give us your opinion of and thoughts on those beers, Utopias, Tactical Nuclear Penguin, Sink the Bismark and The End of History? Kind of interested if what they taste like, etc.

After many years of home-brewing, the over-simplified answer is it is still beer because increasing alcohol though the freezing process is fractionalization, not distillation.

I love utopias, but I am a huge barleywine fan

the Nuclear Penguin is just OK, its a peat smoked imperial stout, and at 32% you can taste the alcohol like CRAZY

Sink the bismark is an IPA, and its a damn tasty IPA. Love that beer a lot

End of History was over the top, super boozy, and really unique. I cant really give you a yes or not on it, as I had like a quarter of an ounce, basically a single drop in a wine glass

In America after beer reaches a certain percentage it is no longer beer. That would be considered liquor.

At a certain percentage it has to be classified as Malt liquor and above that it is classified as Barley Wine.
The strongest beer I can tolerate is Stone Brewing Co's 'Double Bastard' which is 10.5%, anything above that tastes like crap as it becomes harsh tasting I think.

At a certain percentage it has to be classified as Malt liquor and above that it is classified as Barley Wine.
The strongest beer I can tolerate is Stone Brewing Co's 'Double Bastard' which is 10.5%, anything above that tastes like crap as it becomes harsh tasting I think.
Have you had Dogfish Head World Wide Stout, 120 min or Old Skool?

Have you had Dogfish Head World Wide Stout, 120 min or Old Skool?

No I have not Chris. You think I would like them?
I love stout beers like Arrogant Bastard, Ruination IPA and a few others.
I guess I have never had a really good barley wine beer.

Beers between 12-14% are my favorites as long as the have flavors to keep up.

That is the most important thing.
Most of the really strong beers I have tasted have had an alcohol aftertaste that reminded me of isopropyl alcohol. :sick:

Back