• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Struggling Bhuts...diagnosis?

Hello all, I have a few Naga Jolokias growing in an ebb and flow hydro system. I've noticed some strange curling and a sort of "bubbling" of the leaves. After researching the thread I think It may be a nutrient deficiency or perhaps over fertilizing. Could some of the black belt pepper gurus on these forums give me a diagnosis? Pics are below and thanks in advance!

toastynoodles said:
What is your ph and ec,ppm at?
What kind of nuutrients are you useing?

PH is pretty consistent between 6-7 the nuts im using are as follows:

FloraBloom(0-5-4) phosphate and magnesium nutrient
FloraMicro(5-0-1) mostly nitrogen and calcium
FloraGrow(2-1-6) mostly nitrogen and soluble potash

I use 1/4-1/2 tsp. per gallon of water is this too much?

again im a newbie and don't even so feel free to rip into my growing techniques:P

I have experience with General hydro Nutrients and at the level your plants are at I use 7ml of each per 20 litres.

20 litres is 5.2 US gallons
That works out at 1.3 ml of each nutrient per gallon.

I always thought over fertilising resulted in dark dull leaves, leaves curling under at the sides and hooking under leaf tips.

You growing in rockwool and expanded clay? Where they rinsed/ conditioned properly - as this may be why your ph is swinging so much. Try to keep it at ph 6. Adjust 1 hour after adding nutrients. If they are in rockwool at the moment - stick to one flood per day at this stage. flush the rockwool through with tap water from the top and change out your nutrient solution to the strength specified.

Add the nutrients in the correct order and mix in before adding the next - Thats micro first.

Which way is your ph going as this can tell you whether your nutrient is too weak or strong.

A perfect nutrient strength and correct ph will result in hardly any ph swing and the ppm/ ec/ cf will remain the same as the nutrient solution (water & nutrient) is consumed.

Chris

Toleman said:
I have experience with General hydro Nutrients and at the level your plants are at I use 7ml of each per 20 litres.

20 litres is 5.2 US gallons
That works out at 1.3 ml of each nutrient per gallon.

I always thought over fertilising resulted in dark dull leaves, leaves curling under at the sides and hooking under leaf tips.

You growing in rockwool and expanded clay? Where they rinsed/ conditioned properly - as this may be why your ph is swinging so much. Try to keep it at ph 6. Adjust 1 hour after adding nutrients. If they are in rockwool at the moment - stick to one flood per day at this stage. flush the rockwool through with tap water from the top and change out your nutrient solution to the strength specified.

Add the nutrients in the correct order and mix in before adding the next - Thats micro first.

Which way is your ph going as this can tell you whether your nutrient is too weak or strong.

A perfect nutrient strength and correct ph will result in hardly any ph swing and the ppm/ ec/ cf will remain the same as the nutrient solution (water & nutrient) is consumed.

Chris

Ok excellent. I'll implement the changes right away. thanks!

Get an Ec and Ph meter and keep them calibrated. You should know the ppm of the nutrient in solution and check ppm and Ph daily.

I use 450-550 ppm waaayyyy lower than recommended by nutrient makers and Ph of 6.5. Remember what nutrient mfgs are selling.......

Back