• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Stunted and yellow?

What can I do to help plant?
stuntedgrowth001.jpg

Wondering if I started them too late. They seemed to be going o.k. for a while and then they quit growing up and started to branch out. They are Bhuts and compared to the Choc. Habs I'm growing they are way behind. The Choc. Habs also seemed to get to certain size and then started to fill out as well. I've had an over fert issue where some of the leaves got burnt. So I flushed with plenty of water and all have survived but just seem to really be struggling. What else can I do? Some people say less is more, meaning don't use any ferts. Seems to me there is some sort of medicine I could give them, I'm just not sure what medicine to give.

I'm definitely no expert, far from... but when mine looked like that I was told calmag+ if you dont mind spending the $$ on it. (make sure to read the directions)

please check with others before doing what I say... LOL... I'm a newbie.

that looks identical to my bhut jolokia that I got from a nursey online. (but I have been headed warnings that the nursery might have mailed me a carribean red habenero)

what kind of pepper is this? I really want to know now, its probably the same as mine. did you grow it from seed?

Jester.

heres the image I was going by... I see also we were posting at the same time.. so its a bhut... phew...!!! I guess mine might be also. unless you got yours are hirts also? then we have a chance that they are not? possibly

CommonSigns_PlantDeficiencies.jpg

They are definately Bhuts, I started them from seed. Even after looking at the picture you posted I'm not sure where my plants compare.

I wasn't quite sure on mine either but right after I put some bonemeal in the dirt, but at the same time saw a aphid infestation and made a concoction of spray to get rid of them and ended up almost killing my plant off permanently.

so I have just now been waiting to finish flushing out the soil, and try calmag on mine.

The plant needs Calcium see the deformed leaves and pocked leaves do not add any thing else to your water, let water stand out for 24 hr be fore using it. I quit using RO or distilled water as it lacks minerals and will turn your plants very light green. if your using tap water let the plant dry out completely be fore watering. should help.

The plant needs Calcium see the deformed leaves and pocked leaves do not add any thing else to your water, let water stand out for 24 hr be fore using it. I quit using RO or distilled water as it lacks minerals and will turn your plants very light green. if your using tap water let the plant dry out completely be fore watering. should help.

+1

Are you spraying them with an Epson salt and water solution?

I suck at this then :P Too many factors confuzzilate me.

Looked to me like the newer growth was OK-ish.

Surprised no one mentioned his soil. There's no perlite in it.

That plant's roots may be lacking both oxygen and drainage, and this is what it does to plants (stunted and yellow). Re-pot into soil that has extra perlite added to it. Keep the soil a little on the dry side, and watch for signs of recovery, which can take a week or so. After a week can try giving it a weak epsom salt spritz on the leaves.

Keep the repotted plant in the shade for a day or two while the roots recover from the beating they took.

Possibly related threads to compare with:
- http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/23064-too-late-for-my-hab/
- http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/22454-my-peter-is-wilted-flacid-wrinkled-and-discolored/

What soil are they in? If the soil already had slow release nutrients, just leave them alone for a while. As TPGM said above, let them dry out a little before you re-water and perhaps give them a little more shade - especially afternoon shade.

Thanks for everyones input. I bought some more potting mix and added a lot of pearlite to it. Took the plants out of their old pots and tried to gently break loose most of the very wet soil around the roots, but did not completely rinse out roots. I added the new pearlite mix to the bottom and around the sides of the plants and will keep an eye on them hoping for signs of recovery in the next week or so. I bought some epsom salts to maybe try that in a couple of weeks. What is the ratio epsom salts to water? Should I spray on leaves or add to soil? Thank again

Back