• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sulsa's 2022 grow log

As already stated in my welcome thread i'm fairly new to growing peppers. This is gonna be my second year of growing them.
Last year was quite a succes, started out with ten variaties that i could find locally and ended up with a garden full of lush plants and dito harvests. The climate here is not ideal for growing peppers, especially the 2021 season was quite wet arround here. Hoping this year will be a bit more favourable.

The plan for upcoming season is all about diversity in varieties. I'm trying to find the peppers i like the most and find good use for in the kitchen. Also cutting down on the number of plants per variety so i will not have to proces tons of peppers wich i don't really like.

Below my growlist for upcoming season:

Capsicum Pubescens (sowed 1-7-2022)

5x Rio Hualaga
5x Mini choco

Capsicum Chinense (sowed 1-15-2022)

5x Bonda ma Jacques
5x Bahamian goat
5x Habanero red
30x Adjuma yellow

Capsicum Frutescens

20x Chabai green

Capsicum Baccatum (sowed 1-15-2022)

5x Lemon drop
5x Aji mango
5x Sugar rush peach
5x Rainforrest

Capsicum annuum

5x Jalapeno el Jefe
5x Greek pepperoni
10x Cayenne
10x Cayenne #1 (big and beautyfull off pheno that popped up last year, giving it a try...)
5x Rawit
20x Piquillo de Lodosa
20x Kapia
20x Dulce de Espagna
5x Ancho negro

Most of this plants will be grown in containers in my backyard. I also have about 300 square meters of vegetable garden in wich i will grow a few varieties in open field. Did this last year with sweet peppers and this turned out pretty good.

20220117_103410.jpg

First hook for this season... Rocoto mini choco (7 days after it hit the dirt )

Last edited:
I just read through the last page of your glog and I am so impressed with your harvest that I will be binging the rest of your glog after I post this comment.

However, I would like to disagree with your lemon drop cat piss comment. Let's not taste shame this gorgeous pepper, it's really one of my all-time favorites. 😁 #teamlemondrop

Edit to add: Reading the first post of your glog as we speak. How can you be 'fairly new' to growing peppers and end up with such an amazing harvest? Can I apply for an internship somewhere? 😇

Last edited:
I just read through the last page of your glog and I am so impressed with your harvest that I will be binging the rest of your glog after I post this comment.

However, I would like to disagree with your lemon drop cat piss comment. Let's not taste shame this gorgeous pepper, it's really one of my all-time favorites. 😁 #teamlemondrop

Edit to add: Reading the first post of your glog as we speak. How can you be 'fairly new' to growing peppers and end up with such an amazing harvest? Can I apply for an internship somewhere? 😇
😁 Just my experience with the lemon drop (and the other baccatums i grew)
I read somewhere that crude baccatum doesn't taste very well, wich is something i definitely can confirm. I might give some other preparations a chance though. I got plenty frozen and dried lemon drop stored.

The harvest of 2022 was indeed very succesfull and although i'm quite new to peppergrowing, most of my garden projects always turn out great. Got very green fingers it seems. Outside that is... when it comes to indoor livingroom plants i'm not so succesfull, even the most hardy and rugged livingroom plants will most certainly die by my hands! :D

😁 Just my experience with the lemon drop (and the other baccatums i grew)
I read somewhere that crude baccatum doesn't taste very well, wich is something i definitely can confirm. I might give some other preparations a chance though. I got plenty frozen and dried lemon drop stored.

The harvest of 2022 was indeed very succesfull and although i'm quite new to peppergrowing, most of my garden projects always turn out great. Got very green fingers it seems. Outside that is... when it comes to indoor livingroom plants i'm not so succesfull, even the most hardy and rugged livingroom plants will most certainly die by my hands! :D

If you don't like the raw baccatum taste, I'd definitely recommend making flakes out of them. This is what we've done with Lemon Drop and Sugar Rush Peach and the flakes are outstanding - they are a step up from your run-of-the-mill red pepper flakes.

Back