• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sulsa's 2024 "did it again" Glog

Well... you guys know me and i know you guys....
I was seriously planning on taking it easy this year, but somehow it happened again!
The past few years were crazy productive and my household is completely saturated with peppers.
Dried, frozen, canned, you name it we got it. Actually my house is starting to look like a spices warehouse of the VOC (east india company)
Wich makes sense, since i'm living in Middelburg wich played a major role in this part of Dutch history.
Even today my town still breaths the spirit of that time and so the need and greed for more is both genetic as well it is a product of my surroundings so it can't be blamed on me, right?

Middelburg skyline in 1615 (hasn't changed much actually! 😁)
the-port-of-middelburg.jpg

As i was saying, i was going to grow only a few peppers this year. I did want to grow some different varieties of Jalapeno because i haven't got a good jalapeno in my inventory and i need a good tasting jala in my list of staples. Sadly some varieties i wanted weren't available at the time i went pepperseed shopping and i didn't want to have them shipped from the other side of the planet. (you see, we have changed!) I did order some classics from Fatalii seeds and some were generously given to me by THP members. So my quest for great jalapenos is partially saved. Up till here things would have been manageable, then came the seedtrain and things went down hill from there. I did manage to keep the number of Chinense down, cause i really have enough of them stored allready. I will grow some baccatum again, despite i am not a great fan of the Baccatum taste. Anyway my 2024 growlist is quite Annuum heavy and way longer than it should be!
Maybe i will be able to keep the numbers per variety down a bit? :D

Heres to another great season!
:cheers:

2024 grow list:

Peppacream
Peppapeach stripey
Aji Guyana

7pot yellow
Habanero Kukulkan
Bhut Jolokia
Yaki blue fawn
Habanada
CGN 21500

Ot hiem
Tasmanian black
Kiss of the raven
Pimiento padron
Jalapeno M
Jalapeno Zapotec
Jalapeno el Jefe
Jalapeno "Tinkerbelle"
Jalapeno farmers market
Chilhuacle Amarillo
Kapia
Feher ozon
Cayenne #1
Piment d'Espelette
Mallorca #6
Mallorca #7

Last edited:
Found some differences in the individual Kiss of the Raven seedlings.
Some have lancet shaped leaves and others have more heart shaped leaves.
IMG_20240320_201323.jpg
IMG_20240320_201350.jpg

Curious to see how they will develop over time.
Being a cross between Jalapeno and Pequin some genetics from both may turn up. Growing a lot of Jalapenos this year and most of them have a heart shaped type leave. The Zapotec have very broad shouldered leaves
IMG_20240320_202500 (1).jpg

The Farmers market have a more lancet shaped leave.
And very fuzzy
IMG_20240320_201559.jpg

jalapeno M are the only ones until now that developed some edema (time for some better weather so they can go outside)
IMG_20240320_201459.jpg

The Padron peppers all have a triple fork
IMG_20240320_201647.jpg

Photo drop! Closet is getting crowded, hoping for better weather in 2 weeks and move them outside during the day.

IMG_20240416_211322.jpg
IMG_20240416_211403.jpg
IMG_20240416_211352.jpg
IMG_20240416_211345.jpg
IMG_20240416_211415.jpg
Farmers market Jalapeno dark branches and leaves. Very hairy too!

IMG_20240416_211815.jpg

Jalapeno el jefe with variegation

IMG_20240416_211617.jpg

Mallorca #7 also have a lot of hair. Curious to see how these turn out!
IMG_20240416_211513 (1).jpg

Last edited:
a little background story on the Mallorca peppers:

Last summer my wife was at a garage sale in our neighborhood looking for old weck glasses and she came into a conversation with the people living there about growing vegetables and ofcourse peppers. Turned out those people also grew some peppers. Since our household was overloaded with peppers at that time my wife went there a couple days later to give them a bag of peppers.
Last Januari our doorbell suddenly rang and there were those nice people to give us a bag of dried peppers they collected during a trip to Mallorca. PPATB! Below a picture of those dried peppers. I decided to grow the #6 and #7 this year. I have no idea what peppers they might be, so any suggestions are welcome!

IMG_20240113_215508_edit_37502490476047 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Back