• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sulsa's 2024 "did it again" Glog

Well... you guys know me and i know you guys....
I was seriously planning on taking it easy this year, but somehow it happened again!
The past few years were crazy productive and my household is completely saturated with peppers.
Dried, frozen, canned, you name it we got it. Actually my house is starting to look like a spices warehouse of the VOC (east india company)
Wich makes sense, since i'm living in Middelburg wich played a major role in this part of Dutch history.
Even today my town still breaths the spirit of that time and so the need and greed for more is both genetic as well it is a product of my surroundings so it can't be blamed on me, right?

Middelburg skyline in 1615 (hasn't changed much actually! 😁)
the-port-of-middelburg.jpg

As i was saying, i was going to grow only a few peppers this year. I did want to grow some different varieties of Jalapeno because i haven't got a good jalapeno in my inventory and i need a good tasting jala in my list of staples. Sadly some varieties i wanted weren't available at the time i went pepperseed shopping and i didn't want to have them shipped from the other side of the planet. (you see, we have changed!) I did order some classics from Fatalii seeds and some were generously given to me by THP members. So my quest for great jalapenos is partially saved. Up till here things would have been manageable, then came the seedtrain and things went down hill from there. I did manage to keep the number of Chinense down, cause i really have enough of them stored allready. I will grow some baccatum again, despite i am not a great fan of the Baccatum taste. Anyway my 2024 growlist is quite Annuum heavy and way longer than it should be!
Maybe i will be able to keep the numbers per variety down a bit? :D

Heres to another great season!
:cheers:

2024 grow list:

Peppacream
Peppapeach stripey
Aji Guyana

7pot yellow
Habanero Kukulkan
Bhut Jolokia
Yaki blue fawn
Habanada
CGN 21500

Ot hiem
Tasmanian black
Kiss of the raven
Pimiento padron
Jalapeno M
Jalapeno Zapotec
Jalapeno el Jefe
Jalapeno "Tinkerbelle"
Jalapeno farmers market
Chilhuacle Amarillo
Kapia
Feher ozon
Cayenne #1
Piment d'Espelette
Mallorca #6
Mallorca #7

Last edited:
Welcome to the new season, @Sulsa!
Looking forward to seeing a beautiful
Yaki Blue Fawn!

Sulsa, do you know anything about Kiss of the Raven?
I grew them last year from seeds on the seed train, googled the name and there was no information about them at all - they're pretty good thick-skinned, medium heat annums which I shall be growing again this year

Nothing wrong with growing plenty of annums, they're always handy for pickles and Cowboy Candy :D

Welcome to the new season, @Sulsa!
Looking forward to seeing a beautiful
Yaki Blue Fawn!
Thanks Paul! I believe the seeds of the Yaki blue fawn originaly came from you, i got them off the seedtrain from @Nulle Looking forward to growing them!

Good luck in the new season, @Sulsa!
You have some interesting varieties there. I will follow this glog as I do every year.
Thanks Vivian! Looking forward to your balcony jungle this year!

I grew them last year from seeds on the seed train, googled the name and there was no information about them at all - they're pretty good thick-skinned, medium heat annums which I shall be growing again this year

Nothing wrong with growing plenty of annums, they're always handy for pickles and Cowboy Candy :D
I couldn't find any information either. I based all my knowledge on you saying they were nice peppers somewhere here on the forum! 😁 Maybe @London-pepper can chime in on this one? Seeds originaly came from him!

Hi there.
The Kiss of the Raven "el beso del cuervo" is a cross of Pequin and Jalapeno of my friend Joan from Mallorca

Transplanted 72 seedlings about a week ago. Overall i had some decent germination rates.
d'Espelette and Peppacream failed to germinate completely and up till yesterday none of the Chinense germinated.
They took their sweet time, but it seems they will germinate after all.

Here are my little babies

IMG_20240208_200145.jpg

IMG_20240208_200206.jpg

I found some seeds of Jalapenos i initially wanted to grow and with some spare room in the growcloset i decided to order them. :D
Adding to growlist: Jalapeno Jalafuego, Emerald fire and Mucho nacho. (also adding some rooster spur just because i could!)
These will be hitting the dirt this weekend.

Starts are looking great, Sulsa! Nice and uniform.
Good luck going forward!

Transplanted the last batch of seedlings. Growcloset is filled up completely.
In total 108 chileplants this year, predominantly annuum varieties.
For the Chinense: one Yaki blue fawn and one 7 pot yellow germinated (Bhut Jolokia didn't germinate at all)
The Kukulkan germinated great and i kept 4 of them. I do have 12 Habanadas though, trying a row at the vegetable garden this year.
A couple of peach stripey and aji guyana will represent the Baccatums this year.

IMG_20240224_163800 (2).jpg

Clean closet :) they are going to fill out that space pretty quickly
Growing so much annuums has it's advantages. Their upright growth habit makes it possible to stuff more of them in a tight space compared to most chinense. They should easily be able to remain there for 6-8 weeks and with a bit of luck i can start hardening them off outdoors by then.
I also have some back up growspace in case of a late spring!

Awesome, Rene! Off to the races!

Nice rack.

Back