contest SumOfMyBits vs. 5oclocksomewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 11:15 here, and no signs of SB stirring. So, I decided to go looking for him. Found him passed out on the floor of my garage in a clown suit, lamp shade on his head, pulled pork residue all over his face, and damn near drowning in a puddle of his own drool.

Crazy times here in the A-T-L. This TD just might be the death of one of us...

I'm up. That lampshade hat is one uncomfortable contraption to sleep in, but the clown suit was like a down-filled comforter.

Yesterday was one long party. 5-O called some peeps to come over and help us with all the grub. Good thing they could handle the heat. Picklese was a hit.

5-O says today is gonna be nuts.

Beer me a beer.

Can you imagine the carnage if we all (THP folk') met up at a ranch somewhere for a long weekend of cooking and drinking?

Wheres the rest of the damn food, dammit?
I know you a-holes are at waffle house right now trying to un-do last night, just so you can re-do it again today!!!

Wheres the rest of the damn food, dammit?
I know you a-holes are at waffle house right now trying to un-do last night, just so you can re-do it again today!!!

Thank God for Waffle House. Don't even try to pretend you aren't jealous.

SB's final pics will be up in a couple hours. Stay tuned.

Sum's Dirty South pulled pork and stuff

Put on my big boy pants for this face to face battle. Decided to show 5-O up with a good ol' southern recipe of pulled pork, collard greens and jalapeno cornbread. SoFlo can cook some mean Soul Food, too.

The boston butt was dry rubbed with a generous amount of garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder, paprika, and kosher salt. Oiled up the Dutch Oven with some canola and cooked it low and slow for 7 hours. This thing fell apart just pulling it out of the dutch. Perfect.

Collard greens were started about 4 hours into the roast in the second DO. A couple cups of water seasoned with 1/2 cup of Old Bay, a half pod of habanero, and a smoked ham hock was simmered for an hour before the greens went in.

The last half-hour of the roast I whipped up a corn bread mix and threw in a chopped up jalapeno for more flavor. This was poured into the third DO and stacked on top to make the triple stack.

Cornbread to sop up the pot liquor. Pot liquor spiced up with some Picklese vinegar. Picklese veggies to top off the pulled pork. And a 40 of Budweiser to wash it all down. This is the real deal ya'll.

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

Where you at 5-O? Come git some.

Awww, yeah boyeeeee!!!

That's pretty good, SB.

And since you had balls enough to come to the A-T-L and do some southern cooking, I'm takin' to the avenida with some Cuban style roast pork, rice and beans, and a refreshing mango margarita. If you can do southern, I can do Cubans.

Here's my pork roast, fresh off a 24 hour bath in my mojo marinade, butterflied, rolled and tied...about to go over the coals:

Mojoroast.jpg

DoubleStackin.jpg

These black beans soaked for a full 24 hours. They'll meet up with some delicious rice later as an accompaniment to my pork:

Beans.jpg

Beans on top...double stack!

Doublestack1.jpg

I can't wait for the finished product of these...mango margaritas. A nice cool blast of refreshment...it's so hot here in the dirty dirty that it feels like I'm in Havana.

Mangoes.jpg

I'll be back in later to post my final pics. Enjoy!

I tell ya, IF all the members of THP got together in one place and threw a party, this is what our world would be the next day........

Penicillin wont erase the 17 little cubans born with a Virginia drawl who don't know who their Papi is.

Sum, btw, I want to be IN that food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back