contest SumOfMyBits vs. 5oclocksomewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-O's Hand Rolled Cuban

Holy crap!

What a four day sequence. SB rolled into Atlanta on Thursday afternoon. My last coherent thought was when I was telling him how to get to my house. Since then, it has been a fog of drunken debauchery the likes of which might get me fined by my homeowners' association.

This dish was alot of fun to cook, and it was even better to eat...tasted amazing.

It all began with a Boston Butt, which I de-boned and butterflied. I marinated it for twenty four hours in my special mojo marinade: orange juice, lime juice, jalapenos, cilantro, and red onion. Right before going into the DO, I threw some ham inside and then rolled it up and tied it tight. Into the DO it went, and we were in bidness!

A couple hours into the cook, it was time to start the beans. In the beans I threw a smoked ham hock, some chopped onion, and half a habanero. You see it served atop a bed of saffron rice, with which I cooked some red bell pepper and a couple jalapenos. Topped it with some cilantro and finely diced red onion.

To wash it all down is a mango margarita made with legit So Flo mangoes from FD4's own trees.

Great success!

Lastteaser3.jpg

Final2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back