• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sun SUN SCAAAAALD

Unexpectedly, my veteran overwintered peppers developed a mild case, while the seedlings were like "THAT ALL YA GOT?????"

Suprised me.

No worries, all are OK, but wanted to save anyone else with overwintered beauties from a little scar tissue.

No problem with the over winters - they stayed outside all winter. I did burn a couple of sprouts by leaving them in direct sun for their first day of life. Rescued one of them but it still has one white leaf.

can anyone put some pics up of sun scald plants please...

i think i may have that as well, but not sure if it could be something else...

thanks

......Yeah, sorry. 3 kids and a sick wife leaves little time to post, let alone take pics and upload and paste.

It looks like patches of gray dead tissue on the upper most leaves, and on lower leaves which jut out and recieve direct sun.

It is fairly easilly identifiable on a plant with lots of leaves, because inner leaves are untouched.

Odd, my seedlings are still out in full sun with no problems. I had to move my veterans into the shade!

Hotpeppa said:
can anyone put some pics up of sun scald plants please...

i think i may have that as well, but not sure if it could be something else...

thanks

I'm surprised this leaf didn't wither and die like it would have from frost damage. And the color might be coming back a little.

whiteLeaf.jpg

Back