• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Sunburn? With brown spots?

sXmNXeh.jpg

VaaxctP.jpg

What do you guys think could be wrong? A few plants have this but they're typically lower leaves. The white definitely looks like sunburn but I am not sure of the brown specks.

Its definitely sunburn. did you just move them outside?  If yes then I would shorten their exposure to direct sunlight per day for awhile. This year I hardened my plants off by sticking them outside under a east west orientated table for a week.  After that they were fine, no sunburn.  Sunburn from water tends to be in circle shapes, that "fading" is usually from the plant just not being up to the intensity of direct sunlight.  Theyll be fine if given a chance to recoup.

tsurrie said:
It's sunburn. Were there any drops of water on the leaves when they got burned ?
Possibly its been raining a bit lately
Topsmoke said:
Its definitely sunburn. did you just move them outside?  If yes then I would shorten their exposure to direct sunlight per day for awhile. This year I hardened my plants off by sticking them outside under a east west orientated table for a week.  After that they were fine, no sunburn.  Sunburn from water tends to be in circle shapes, that "fading" is usually from the plant just not being up to the intensity of direct sunlight.  Theyll be fine if given a chance to recoup.
Nope, they've been in full sunlight for two or three weeks. Just noticed the leaf yesterday. The top leaves are still coming out fine, the weather is far from stable right now so it can be a cloudy full sun rainy day all in the same hour haha

Should I snip the leaves off or will they heal?

Nothing to worry about.... I think they won't heal, but they're not so damaged either. I would leave them be.

How do you fertilize and when was the last time? Magnesium deficiency starts in the older lower leaves. Veins stay green and the rest of the leaf becomes pale/yellow. Not sure about the brown spots. Seems strange to be sunburn if they've been outside 3 weeks and it's just now appearing. Most of the sunburn I've ever seen or had on my own plants the leaves become paper thin where burned. Almost like tissue paper. If a magnesium deficiency you can just give them a foliar feeding with epsom salts. In the shade of course

Scorched said:
How do you fertilize and when was the last time? Magnesium deficiency starts in the older lower leaves. Veins stay green and the rest of the leaf becomes pale/yellow. Not sure about the brown spots. Seems strange to be sunburn if they've been outside 3 weeks and it's just now appearing. Most of the sunburn I've ever seen or had on my own plants the leaves become paper thin where burned. Almost like tissue paper. If a magnesium deficiency you can just give them a foliar feeding with epsom salts. In the shade of course
The leaf was never yellowing, it simple turned an off white color and the brown specks started appearing. A few specks possibly a day or two before it went white. It isn't the bottom most leaf and one of my other plants it is only on a leaf near the top. The nutrients should be fine I use foliage pro with each watering, feel the soil around the plant to see if it is dry or moist and water from there. So far they havent had much problems a few bugs here and there I simply smash with my fingers and then bam they turned white. I'm not using a magnesium aid right now, if it keeps showing up I will look into some.

I was fairly certain the whitening is sunburn but the brown specks threw me for a loop. They get sun from around 1pm until dusk. It has began warming up a bit maybe that caught them off guard, a 50 degree night with a light rain then 90 degree say sounds rough for a plant.

PepperAaron said:
The leaf was never yellowing, it simple turned an off white color and the brown specks started appearing. A few specks possibly a day or two before it went white. It isn't the bottom most leaf and one of my other plants it is only on a leaf near the top. The nutrients should be fine I use foliage pro with each watering, feel the soil around the plant to see if it is dry or moist and water from there. So far they havent had much problems a few bugs here and there I simply smash with my fingers and then bam they turned white. I'm not using a magnesium aid right now, if it keeps showing up I will look into some.

I was fairly certain the whitening is sunburn but the brown specks threw me for a loop. They get sun from around 1pm until dusk. It has began warming up a bit maybe that caught them off guard, a 50 degree night with a light rain then 90 degree say sounds rough for a plant.

Foliage Pro is great stuff. Has all the micro and macro nutrients so knowing that's what your using I really doubt it's magnesium deficiency. Think you might be right about it being from the temp fluctuation. Hopefully once the temps stabilize the plants will right themselves

Scorched said:

Foliage Pro is great stuff. Has all the micro and macro nutrients so knowing that's what your using I really doubt it's magnesium deficiency. Think you might be right about it being from the temp fluctuation. Hopefully once the temps stabilize the plants will right themselves
If that ever happens that is... Seems like every day theres rain at one point or another. Usually texas is nice and hot by now!

Thanks for the help.

Back