• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Super Bowl Throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Roger Daltrey's nipple. I swear. Tivo that sh*t.

TMI!

Had a whole post about Superbowl skin and deleted it!

TB's Bhut Fry Cup

AJ's Bhut Jolokia Puree in cheese sauce, with PepperFreak dusted fries...

IMG_2046.jpg

Topped with bacon and green chiles..

IMG_2045.jpg

TB that's so cheesy! Winneriffic.

Those fries are cooked perfectly! I'll take a cup of them please.

Did anyone else see the SoFlo Posse' headquarters on the first Bud Light commercial?

Congrats Who Dat Nation.

Even mrs. blues was shovelin' the cheese sauce! She did puff pastry hebrew dogs and fries. I couldn't get her to post...boooooo.

TB- arteries are clogging as I look at that scrump-de-le-iscious cup of WHATEVER!

and SoFlo Posse' headquarters on the first Bud Light commercial? That'll be on youtube tomorrow right? I didn't actually watch the game, as I'm sure you could tell~~~:)

OKAAAAYYY! BudLight can house! I'll look for it on youtube for a laugh...........

Naw, that was some other HQ. OUrs is made of Busch Light 16ozers. We drank our HQ down, too!

On to the show... one drunken evening a couple nights ago I was falling asleep (read: on the verge of passing out) thinking of making Tostones (fried smashed plantains) for this throwdown when I suddenly awoke out of my state of torpor laughing.

Enter: Yamburger Sliders Extra Angry!!!

Here's the ingreed rundown:
ground nutmeg
ground allspice
home made hab powder
cracked black pepper
sea salt
1 yam
peanut oil
mozzarrella cheese
deli mustard
pickled jalas
onion
hot sauce of choice

IMG_1641.jpg

Cut the yam into about 1/2" slices and throw in CI skillet with 1/4" hot oil and brown on both sides.

IMG_1645.jpg

Pull the yams out and let cool on top of "rub" made of ground nutmeg, ground allspice, hab pow, black pepper, salt... and pull out the coffee mug for smashing.

IMG_1647.jpg

Smash the yams with the bottom of the mug till just starting to squeeze out under the mug. I learned that dusting the top of the yams with more rub spices works well for releasing the smashed yams. Throw the smashed yams back in the hot CI skillet and brown a little longer. Pull out to let cool and toss some chopped onion in the skillet to brown up angry for topping the sliders.

IMG_1650.jpg

Boom! Yamberger sliders topped w/ mozzarella deli mustard, pickled jalas, hot sauce of choice, and some angry onions.

Fast and easy and tasted so surprisingly awesome I'm doing them again soon. It was like eating spiced sweet potato fries as a burger. Get your yam on!

I like the idea. Still thinking on the flavors.

OK, here's mine:

Impy's Wing Poppers

hraq68.jpg

I wish I had time to take more prep pics. I made these in between dinner & the bar (dinner was sushi w/ LOTS of sake, so I definitely had the 3 drink minimum when I was cooking!). First I made the chicken breast tenders w/ wing sauce (sauce was the suicidal sauce from Anchor Bar). In a bowl, I mixed shredded chicken, cream cheese, mozz, & another splash of wing sauce. Stuffed into the jals, & topped w/ more mozz. A couple of the tenders made it into the pic because I thought we could have more than one entry as long as it was all one one plate. My bad :). The poppers were prolly the best ones I've ever made. These even beat the enchilada poppers I made for the popper throwdown. So, my entry combines wings & poppers for a unique twist on two favorites, & the result was delicious!

I just got home from watching the game, & now I'm gonna go through & look @ the other entries. I can't wait!

The pic needs to be the one you are entering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back