• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Super Hots look the best

This being my first year for growing peppers from seeds, and thanks to rareseeds.com and some helpful posters here, I either bought or received about 50 different types of seeds. Three-four weeks ago, I was ready to go back to eggplants and tomatoes - most of my peppers looked worse than Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. But since getting rid of the bugs and watering once with a solution that had some ammonia nitrate in it, they are looking like something I'm almost happy to post pictures of.

One thing I've noticed - the super hots: Bhut and Nagas, Trinidads and Thai Scorpions look - by far - the best. Not the tallest, but the leaves are much bigger and closer together, and seem to be considerably thicker.

The more mild the pepper, the leggier they seem to be, the leaves are smaller and thinner and they are blooming sooner.

All these guys and gals have been treated roughly the same. Sowed within a week of each other, same potting soil, watering method, lighting and heat

Is this what you find?

Mike

I generally find that The hot ones really look the best too. Athough Cayennes look great as well as far as younge healthy growth.

I like the chinenses they all cool mild to wild. But yes fatalii, Bhuts and nagas &s and scorpions all ahve that menacing "maybe you shouldn't eat it feel".

imaguitargod said:
I generally find that The hot ones really look the best too. Athough Cayennes look great as well as far as younge healthy growth.
My hot Chinenses always look better. My Cayennes last year were so leggy, most of the Annuums I've grown were apart from the compact/dwarf/ornamental ones.

Just spent the afternoon out in my chilli plantation admiring my T.Scorpions, yep.. the c.chinenses are awesome plants.:fireball:

I just planted out some nagas, fatalii, tepin, congo pepper, 7 pots, a large pubescence species and a small bird type chinenses pepper. All in one 2 metre bed. I think it will be a very pretty bed.

ditto on the chinenses

you're planting out now stillmanz? is there something you'd like to tell us about? like, where you're getting the extra sunlight from???

the devil... cm64... lol

and Brisbane is having a cracking Autum cool nights but magic days.
I the little bed gets about 8 hours strong sunlight a day.
I don't really get too many cold nights so I thought let them get a good root ball in the ground and then when spring hits they can go silly.(fingers crossed)

Back