• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Superhots Delivered

Wife's cousin sent us 6lbs of various super hots

Attachments

• 6lbsSuperHots.JPG
    6lbsSuperHots.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 97
sliced up a chocolate last night and added some peach butter, pinapple juice and orange. letting is steep for a couple days before i heat and bottle it. not sure past that.

made a non-fermented hot sauce. sliced up chocolate and added it to peach butter, oranges and pineapple juice. let it steep for a couple weeks. blended it up and bottled tonight, calling it peach cobbler. first pic is in the jar, steeping. second is blended and bottled.

edited to add- added a dash of xantham gum before blending to keep things together. will try it on some breakfast tacos tomorrow and give a review.

Attachments

• mix.JPG
    mix.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 92
  • cobbler.jpg
    cobbler.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 91
quick review. nice heat. slow burn on the back end, doesn't slap you in the face or make you cough, but very noticeable. had a bit of fruit flavor, but the cinnamon/nutmeg/five spice/whatever that was in the peach butter came through more than i thought it would. it should do well with shredded pork/chicken tacos and ham/pork chops. also, i think it would be a nice sauce to toss some plain chicken wings in.

last night i fork stabbed some of the sugar rush peach peppers and made a very brown sugar heavy brine and added them after letting the brine reduce a bit. just a while ago, i took a pepper slice out of the previous pickling pic. then i added the peppers from last night and enough of the new brine to fill my jar to the neck and re-vacuumed it. then i tried the pepper slice. first taste was a pickled fruity flavor, then the heat came quickly. little bit of milk and it's dissapating quickly. really happy with the result for such a short time. gonna let the new mix roll for at least another 2 weeks before trying again.

Back