• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Superhots Grafted Together! Success ** VIDEO ADDED IN UPDATED POST!**

Thanks :) And yup. Thats my plant. To have differnt pods on different branches. I would like to get green and red peppers. Ifi can get some 7pod evergreens it would be awesome. thats and red morugas would look sick!

For comparison.

Sept 16th:
680DBD74-A472-4A4E-B78F-2EC2EC809344-12331-000000907C70B9A8_zps80462b3d.jpg

As of today:

Plant on left:
591A4C0B-66A4-4DDB-BFF2-BB14A797F99E-8609-0000068855BF59DF.jpg

Plant on right:
E271B7D9-ECA6-4104-A480-539B1F7F1BBE-8609-0000068843D45769.jpg

Both:
B44CB7C0-CF9A-41E2-9A40-F2265D7103E1-8609-000006883FEEA5D1.jpg

pods should be identical. i think there is controversy over the genetics of the offspring of the parent plants... i dont know enough however to comment on that.

good job with the grafts btw.

pods should be identical. i think there is controversy over the genetics of the offspring of the parent plants... i dont know enough however to comment on that.

good job with the grafts btw.

Yea the way I did it I should get normal Douglah and normal yellow 7 pods on each plant simultaneously. I did it so that the genes shouldn't have been shared but who knows its a plant so anything can happen. Ill see when I see the pods. If the genes did merge then I would get a crossed pod instead of two different kinds

Pods should hold true to whatever the scion piece is. In other words, the plant with the Douglah on top will yield Douglah pods. If it doesn't, it was never going to. The rootstock won't change the outcome of the pods, as their genes are determined by the piece that produces their flowers. I would be very interested to see Chinense varieties grafted onto Annuum rootstocks. I would think since Annuums tend to be quicker to fruit that perhaps it could improve the Chinene's vigor.

Pods should hold true to whatever the scion piece is. In other words, the plant with the Douglah on top will yield Douglah pods. If it doesn't, it was never going to. The rootstock won't change the outcome of the pods, as their genes are determined by the piece that produces their flowers. I would be very interested to see Chinense varieties grafted onto Annuum rootstocks. I would think since Annuums tend to be quicker to fruit that perhaps it could improve the Chinene's vigor.

thats the logical conclusion to come to, however there is some obscure studies done in asia that suggest some genes are transferred. i dont think this is the consensus however. but who knows.

thats the logical conclusion to come to, however there is some obscure studies done in asia that suggest some genes are transferred. i dont think this is the consensus however. but who knows.

Yes, but on these, I was careful to leave growth buds on the root plant AND the scion so I will get both kinds of pods. ;)

I will forever tease you about spitting. But I have to say kudos bro thats some sweet shit right there good job man

Back