• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Supreme: How do they do what they do?

In case you do not know, the aftermarket for a hoodie with the Supreme brand goes for over a thousand dollars on Ebay and other resell places.  In their store, they go for about $150.00.  I know how they do scarcity.  One day a week is called "drop day".  On that one day, they have a very limited shipment go to their stores.

To put their brand in perspective, they put their brand on a brick, put it in their stores and the damn things sold.  Today, expect to pay over a hundred bucks for a Supreme branded brick.  Thing is, I get scarcity being a thing.  You know, the five dollar chip that ran out.  The Last Dab that ran out.  The Scorpion Tabasco sauce that ran out.  I understand scarcity.  But how the heck do these folk create such demand for a brand on a hoodie.  Retail of a hundred and fifty bucks for a hoodie is just beyond what I can understand.

Remember when you could only purchase a certain number of reaper seeds?  Was that the same thing?

I think it's human nature to want what you can't have (or get). It's the same idea behind a lot of products. Rolex watches for example. They already command a high price as it is but what they do is sell watches as "limited release". Not "limited edition" because that means they only MAKE a certain amount then it's done. "Limited release" means they only RELEASE a certain number of products at a time. It keeps prices high and when that stock is depleted, they release more and create buzz over it all over again. It's a very clever marketing ploy.

Supply vs.Demand is often a marketing tool. Didn't you start this thread already and we talked about the McRib? :lol:

When supply ran out for the 50 cent eclipse glasses they were like 20 bux online. The hype of the eclipse forced buys. Other times a purchase is based on the "must have" mentality.

I just went through this supply/demand game with Apple Air Pods. Blogs posting they are out everywhere, retailers jacking price to 350 lol! And right before X-Mas right? Yeah well, I found a place for retail, PLUS got a discount, PLUS got a rebate for clicking through a certain coupon site. BOOM! Research pays off. Don't always fall for the hype. One time Lowe's stopped selling Stubb's charcoal so some Amazon seller listed it for $50. Charcoal????  :lol: This world cray. Sad part is some people buy into this crap....

And "google shopping" is crap. If you're ever looking for something and figure, I'll just use google shopping, those are sponsored listings. You're way better off using the regular search engine and putting some terms in quotes.

texas blues said:

I've spent less than that for an entire night of strippers and blow at The Great Alaskan Bush Co.!
Ah yes, the good ol' "Saloasa" lol

texas blues said:

I've spent less than that for an entire night of strippers and blow at The Great Alaskan Bush Co.!

That's different. Pookie thinks his stupid expensive sweatshirt makes us all think he's cool. With $800 worth of cocaine, you know you're cool.

I can't imagine Alaskan strippers are worth more than $50, but I rounded up just in case.

TB can keep his vices. Rather have the sweatshirt.

texas_blues_stripping.jpg

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

That's different. Pookie thinks his stupid expensive sweatshirt makes us all think he's cool. With $800 worth of cocaine, you know you're cool.

I can't imagine Alaskan strippers are worth more than $50, but I rounded up just in case.
The blow probably isn't even that good. It's probably been cut a thousand times before it makes it to Alaska. Bakin' soda, I got bakin' soda!

What??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUNc0C03trk

I never heard of them either til this thread. I purchased this rock that I live under in a buyers market and I aint  coming out from under it for no one. Especially for a stupid hoodie. lol

Back