• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Supreme: How do they do what they do?

The Hot Pepper said:
Supply vs.Demand is often a marketing tool. Didn't you start this thread already and we talked about the McRib? :lol:

Maybe the same principle / brain mechanism as the McRib For a Limited Time Only thing.  But couple things wildly different.  Its not a limited time thing its a limited supply thing.  Then there is the huge difference.  McRib is a normal priced sandwich.  These folk are selling a twenty dollar hoodie for 7 times as much because their log is on it.  Hell they sold a brick because their brand is on it.

They also have things like incense.  Its like a cult thing.  A brand name cult.  Maybe a status symbol sort of thing?  I seems like the same thing with bands or movie stars.  The word fan coming from the word fanatic. 

How in the hell does a brand build a cult following like this?  It is frigging weird.

Honestly you get someone famous to wear it. Bieber in a Supreme hoodie. Britney Spears in a Von Dutch cap. Run DMC in Adidas... the list goes on...

1990s - Doc Martens!

AJ is getting into the fashion biz..... hmmmmmmm lol..... this is interesting.....

The Hot Pepper said:
AJ is getting into the fashion biz..... hmmmmmmm lol..... this is interesting.....

Naw it is the marketing of anything that amazes me.  Like how Pepper Joe sells Carolina Reaper seeds for a lot more than Puckerbutt, who reportedly invented the thing.  Or a hot sauce made from a pepper not shown to exist sells out in a few minutes.  A chip that retails for five bucks that later is found on Ebay for as hight as eighty bucks.  It is absolutely amazing.

Put the reaper chip thing out of your mind. Nobody is buying that chip for $50 to eat it. It's a business expense if run own a YouTube channel. Which results in views, which results in $.

I dunno AJ. I would think about it. You could be the official clothing company of farmersonly.com.. Pretty lucrative..

Edmick said:
I dunno AJ. I would think about it. You could be the official clothing company of farmersonly.com.. Pretty lucrative..

Have a female friend who did the online dating site thing.  After each date, and there have been many, she would tell us these psycho stories.  I cant imagine anyone wanting clothing that says they are on a dating site.

AJ Drew said:

Have a female friend who did the online dating site thing.  After each date, and there have been many, she would tell us these psycho stories.  I cant imagine anyone wanting clothing that says they are on a dating site.
Judging by the clientele on said site, I don't think they would really care... They would have to unbuckle their overalls for anyone to see the logo anyways.

I think that stuff sells for stupid high prices because some people have more money than brains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the real question here is how much would people pay for a THP hoodie??? (p.s. not red, black)

The Hot Pepper said:
Honestly you get someone famous to wear it. Bieber in a Supreme hoodie. Britney Spears in a Von Dutch cap. Run DMC in Adidas... the list goes on...

1990s - Doc Martens!

Or hogleg on the cover of Kush magazine in his fresh THP hoodie  :high:

Back