• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sure to Grow 1.5 starters

Hi All,

I been trying the "Sure to Grow" 1.5 starter cubes. The problem that I'm having is that the seeds sprout, then grow directly into the cube. It's not just the roots. The little seedling makes a nose dive into the cube. Anybody else ever have this problem? Thanks.

Regards,
Edward

Im new to all this.. But cant you just plant that cube into a larger pot,once the plant gets big enough?
I thought that was the point of it all?
or am i wayy out here.

Hi All,

I been trying the "Sure to Grow" 1.5 starter cubes. The problem that I'm having is that the seeds sprout, then grow directly into the cube. It's not just the roots. The little seedling makes a nose dive into the cube. Anybody else ever have this problem? Thanks.

Regards,
Edward

Edgie, as long as you are providing moisture, warmth and light for your seedlings, you can trust that nature will run its due course and the seedlings will sort out everything themselves in these early stages.

What strains are you growing?

dvg

Im new to all this.. But cant you just plant that cube into a larger pot,once the plant gets big enough?
I thought that was the point of it all?
or am i wayy out here.

Yes, but the top of the plant is grow down, not up. I plan on just plopping the starter cube into a larger rockwoool block. Then into my Ebb & Flow.

Edgie, as long as you are providing moisture, warmth and light for your seedlings, you can trust that nature will run its due course and the seedlings will sort out everything themselves in these early stages.

What strains are you growing?

dvg

You're right. I'll let nature run it's course. Thanks.

I'm just trying out some Aji Chombo and Bhut Jolokia in these cubes for now.

Yes, but the top of the plant is grow down, not up. I plan on just plopping the starter cube into a larger rockwoool block. Then into my Ebb & Flow.

AHHHH... i gotcha.. Missed that in your first message. lol.
That is different. And i honestly dont know what to say. Then again im new to all this. so what could i say. lol.
let us know how it goes.

Hi All

They seem to all be straightening up on their own. I was afraid that they weren't going to make it. I should have never used my Aji Chombo seeds for this experiment, as I only have a few. Thanks for your support guys!

We used 1" Oasis cubes for all of our seedlings. Although we mostly grow lettuce I used the cubes almost each year to start around 350 tomato plants which get potted up to soil in 3" pots. I don't have any pictures of tomatoes or peppers but here is a pic of one of my flood and drain propagation table.

IMG_2221.jpg

We used 1" Oasis cubes for all of our seedlings. Although we mostly grow lettuce I used the cubes almost each year to start around 350 tomato plants which get potted up to soil in 3" pots. I don't have any pictures of tomatoes or peppers but here is a pic of one of my flood and drain propagation table.

IMG_2221.jpg
WOW!

Back