• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

cuisines Sushi

They had no sashimi available. I do agree though that it is fantastic. I am going back there today or tomorrow for some more. They had a combo plate that I want. It was Boston Roll, Philly Roll, and California Roll.

I love it all.

+1 on that one Paulky.

Also, went out for sushi this last Saturday night and got a Golden Roll which is Salmon, Tuna and Whitefish with cream cheese and asparagus. They wrap it with rice then an egg roll shell and flash fry it so the fish stays raw but cooks the noodle. Then they top it off with smelt roe and spicy mayo and eel sauce. Soooooooo gooood. :drooling:

Dang! Now I'm hungry.

I cant stand cream cheese in any sushi roll -- it just seems/tastes totally wrong to me. Like an East meets West in a wrong way
My .02

Best roll I've ever had:

Tempura Shrimp + Avocado + Spicy Tuna rolled in seaweed and rice. Topped with spicy mayo and a drop of sriracha.
They called it the "Alberti" roll at a local high-end fusion joint down in Puerto Rico.

Had to go back to the hippy joint (as TB would call it) today for more sushi. I got a combo roll 4 pieces California Roll, 4 Tokyo Fantasy (spicy tuna), and 4 bbq eel (can't remember the name. I think it might be Boston roll. Anyway that, some pickled ginger, good soy sauce, Srirachi, and what I really believe is some REAL wasabi paste and I am off to sushi heaven again.

100_7219.jpg

Here's this weekends selection Sushicado with pieces from three different rolls including, salmon, tuna, and shrimp. I made a dipping sauce with soy sauce, srirachi, wasabi, and about a half a teaspoon of AJ's Scorpion puree. Yeehaw. This weekend sushi for breakfast thing is become a habit.

100_7255.jpg

100_7256.jpg

I cant stand cream cheese in any sushi roll -- it just seems/tastes totally wrong to me. Like an East meets West in a wrong way
My .02
I guess you don't like a bagel with lox and cream cheese then.

i used to hate avocado and love cream cheese in my sushi.. then one day i learned to appreciate the texture of the avocado as it makes the sushi less mushy and more crisp... and then avocado supplanted cream cheese as a favorite.

I had a new type today - new for me, that is - so thought I'd resurrect this thread. The grocery store where I shop now has 2 sushi chefs on full-time, and I go often enough they make what I want right there on the spot. I gave them some of the pepper pods I had in the Fall, and now they like to give me samples of the latest thing - not a bad gig. Yesterday they gave me a sample of smoked sea bass - it was pretty tasty. Went back today, and asked if they'd make it into a roll for me, which they did - with avocado and cucumber in brown rice with sesame seed, and of course, plenty of wasabi. Just a little bit of sushi heaven.... :)

I highly recommend salmon for your first try at raw. It is mild, and most people like it. Yellowfin is also a good choice.

Back