• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

sweet look what I found

20160505_215025_zpspad97dvi.jpg

It's not pyrite...but that doesn't mean that it's actually gold either.  I want to get a guy to look at it tomorrow.  It's only a few flecks of it but it's cool to find after moving up here

Vicious Vex said:
better question is where did the rock come from? 
got a load of dirt for my raised beds, it's got a lot of cobbled gravel etc. in it that I'm picking out.  I broke out the sluice and pans yesterday lol

FishinHank said:
Find anything?
was sluicing and panning a bit, found a few flecks of Au but I also found a nice couple of tiny Ag nuggets.  I'm still not sure what the stuff in the picture is, what else wouldn't be pyrite but be metallic yellow like gold?  I don't think it actually is Au so maybe it's something else.

Helvete said:
was sluicing and panning a bit, found a few flecks of Au but I also found a nice couple of tiny Ag nuggets.  I'm still not sure what the stuff in the picture is, what else wouldn't be pyrite but be metallic yellow like gold?  I don't think it actually is Au so maybe it's something else.

Tiny nuggets? Dude screw the peppers do gold mining in your yard xD you can always plant peppers later , and Alaska is known to have loads of gold hotspots :P. Dont you watch discovery channel haha

dragonsfire said:
Looks hard and brittle, Nice find !! Been decades since I was a rock hound.
Its not a slag like rock ?
it's an ugly piece of busted quartz with some basalt stuck to it

Helvete said:
it's an ugly piece of busted quartz with some basalt stuck to it

I would seriously find out where the dirt was sourced from.  A couple small nuggets is still worth more than you paid.  I might order another load from the same guy just to see. lol #goldfever

Vicious Vex said:

I would seriously find out where the dirt was sourced from.  A couple small nuggets is still worth more than you paid.  I might order another load from the same guy just to see. lol #goldfever
actually this area probably didn't get much activity as far as gold mining because it was all forest when that was going on...people built neighborhoods and stores right on the ground and don't realize there's a bit right beneath their feet.  I didn't pay for the dirt either, got it for free off a facebook group :D

Back