• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

lighting T5HO and cfl lights help

Hi
I am looking for a little advice on lighting for my plants which i plan to start in January and possible plant out in may?
ive been searching around and came across these http://sunblasterlighting.com/lamp-and-fixture.php and i just wanted to ask if anyone has used this product before.
the main reason i am looking at these is i can add more fixtures as and when i need them

any help or advice would be great

thanks

I've found them for £23 for bulb and fixture or £39 with a nanotech reflector
I'm hoping I will buy one in jan then as the plants get bigger maybe another two or so.

Sounds good I have 2 double four foot t-12 light strips over my seedlings with day light bulbs each bulb is 40 watts so I have a total of 160 watts and those are about twenty dollers for light hood and bulbs

I use HOT5's as well, they work great. Just so you know all your options, I bought a 4ft 4tube T5HO fixture from hydrofarm online and it was 105.. You can take out or put in bulbs as you need em/don't need em and the top of the fixture is all reflective material. Boils down to being cheaper than buying 4 seperate lights from sun blaster, just a thought :) Good luck! keep us posted.

Brandon

I would go with what Brandon says.. I have 4 cheapie shoplight walmart type 4 foot dual bulb units, but the light output and cost difference, buy it 1 time and get a good light with higher output.
You can put the plants right together until the leave start getting bushy and just spread them a little.

Cheers for the advice guys,I'll see if I can find the money to buy a 4 bulb system but it's hard to find hydrofarm gear in the uk without paying hundreds for shipping from USA,
I've just invested my money in a vitopod propogater so I'm a little skint at the moment :)

They do look really good I think and I'm hoping that they will do the job for me,they would be even better if I could find a cheaper reflector to use with them?

i was looking into the sunblaster light units but ive found these on Amazon and just want to ask without sounding stupid are these http://www.amazon.co.uk/6400k-BLUE-spectrum-adaptor-light/dp/B005BRIGJ4/ref=sr_1_10?
ie=UTF8&qid=1324589536&sr=8-10 better than what i was looking at ?

any help would be appreciated :pray:

Back