• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tabasco Habenaro

***** correction******

I dont know if my tastebuds have changed or I got a bad batch right now or got lucky & recieve very good batchs before ? of yucatan sunshine hab sauce from try me. but wow this bottle tastes nasty! before they have tasted good (its a hit/miss for finding this sauce for me at stores)

but judging the difference right now I'd say tabasco hab sauce is way better tasting than the other 2 I've mentioned.
:oops: but maybe I should try this sauce again without being drunk :lol:

i haven't had it myself, though i'd be willing to try it. an analogy that works well for me is with beer. there was some bourbon barrel aged christmas beer that was brewed by AB.. i was skeptical about it, but in my love for beer and trying new beers..i said "ah what the hell?" and bought a bottle.

wasn't expecting to be blown away in any shape or form...just figured it would be better to give it a chance before i complete disregarded it.

with this stuff, i wouldn't expect it to be very hot, as most mass produced "hot" anything is usually very tame. they don't want to invest a bunch of $$ in a product that the majority of their consumers couldn't eat. if they only made a little to appeal to those of us that do like it very spicy, they'd probably have to charge more. in that case..who wants to spend a bunch of money on a sauce from tabasco?

reminds me of these "blazin' habanero wings" i had at chili's just yesterday. again..i wasn't expecting to be lit aflame. they were very mild..could detect some spice, just nothing i would even consider describing as "blazin'" :lol: they did taste pretty good though.

I have to agree. Tabasco Sauce is a household name. People like us are a niche market, believe it or not. When making a sauce for the masses you have to think like the masses. Most of the USA (where Tabasco is produced) doesn't really like hot stuff, let alone something that will melt their molars. So, for the people who actually like Tabasco Sauce, but want a little more heat....They have the opotion of the Hab sauce.

I still want to know why Tabasco Inc. is buying up Red Savinas like no one's business.

DevilDuck said:
I still want to know why Tabasco Inc. is buying up Red Savinas like no one's business.

Probably to supply the sauce to that Chicago eatery where they are serving the red savina hot wings.:mouthonfire:

Back