• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tabasco Habenaro

My wife found me a bottle as I have been looking to try it.
It is ok with some heat but odd tasting ...not like habenaro or maybe its the cane sugar I am tasting .
I don't think I will replace the bottle when I am done but I say try it for all of you looking for somthing new.

I heard it's rated as 8,000SHU. isn't it easier just getting one of the REAL hab sauces out there? you can find so many of them.
I don't like the way the 'McIlhenny Company' are making sauces. too much vinegar and not enough pepper.

I have a bottle of it and its not bad. Like you said it has a little heat but tastes kinds of "different". Its hot enough to where if you use a good amount of it it will burn some but its not so hot that if you totally smother something in it you cant eat it because of heat, just because of weird taste lol. Ive almost finished my bottle and I wont buy another either.

as for here ive never seen it and when I look in cornwall ive never seen it there either
Ive had the chipotle tobasco the flavor wasnt too bad

shayneyasinski said:
It is ok with some heat but odd tasting ...not like habenaro or maybe its the cane sugar I am tasting .
I don't think I will replace the bottle when I am done but I say try it for all of you looking for somthing new.

I agree with you. It's not what you expect from a sauce containing Habanero peppers, and yeah it has a bit of heat. I've seen it in quite a few of the UK supermarkets.

Omri said:
I heard it's rated as 8,000SHU. isn't it easier just getting one of the REAL hab sauces out there? you can find so many of them.
I don't like the way the 'McIlhenny Company' are making sauces. too much vinegar and not enough pepper.

for sure

I only wanted to try this stuff as I see it every time I am in the grocery store on the side of the regular tabasco sauce box.
never been a huge fan of tabasco but I am sure it is the worlds most well known sauce .
the tabasco chipotle is worth trying but again there are alot of better ones .

I also try to try every sauce I can so I can one day find the best .
so far I only have a couple that I buy when I run out .

shayne - odd tasting ? maybe so, it has a different taste but I kinda like the taste. I think you taste the mango/banana/tamarind puree more so. & the habs put the heat in (which is the 2nd ingredient)
I know tabasco uses vinegar but remember theres so many others sauces that also do!

if you're a heat freak extract eating chilehead, then I can understand you saying its so-so for heat. but for those that are not extract consumers it does have a alright heat to it & a fruity taste ( I can taste the banana more so vs vinegar)

for a mass produced chile sauce I think its good.

but again everyones tastebuds are different!

I'm still using the original Tabasco sauce on pizza and stuff.
Not because of the heat (obviously), but more for the vinegary flavor.

omri - you contradict yourself. 1 post you say you dont like the vinegar taste but next post you say you like the vinegar taste :confused: which is it ?
I know everyone is different for taste but IMO tabasco hab sauce is not a unworthy sauce. its not the hottest but also not nasty. I've seen other hot sauces with more nasty ingredients vs tabasco hab sauce.

chilehunter said:
omri - you contradict yourself. 1 post you say you dont like the vinegar taste but next post you say you like the vinegar taste :confused: which is it ?
I know everyone is different for taste but IMO tabasco hab sauce is not a unworthy sauce. its not the hottest but also not nasty. I've seen other hot sauces with more nasty ingredients vs tabasco hab sauce.
I'm saying they don't know how to make hot sauce.
Too much vinegar, and too little pepper.

I'm adding the Tabasco sauce for the vinegary flavor, just like adding pure vinegar.

If you're looking for a hab sauce, don't get this one.
If you like it, well enjoy, but it's not much a of a "good sauce" in my taste.

Personally, I don't like any of the Tabasco hot sauces. Seems to me, to have an odd flavor. But you can't beat the distribution of their products. Probably sold in almost every grocery store in the USA. Plus available for use at most restaurants across the country to. I'm sure that there isn't one other hot sauce company that can say that.
But, I'm sure that they were starting to feel the pressure from other hot sauce companies, hence their attempt at making Habanero hot sauce. I didn't care for that one either.
They are selling their product to the masses, probably at least 70% of the people that like a little heat. But just not extreme heat, like most of the people on this site do, including me.

chilehunter said:
shayne - odd tasting ? maybe so, it has a different taste but I kinda like the taste. I think you taste the mango/banana/tamarind puree more so. & the habs put the heat in (which is the 2nd ingredient)
I know tabasco uses vinegar but remember theres so many others sauces that also do!

if you're a heat freak extract eating chilehead, then I can understand you saying its so-so for heat. but for those that are not extract consumers it does have a alright heat to it & a fruity taste ( I can taste the banana more so vs vinegar)

for a mass produced chile sauce I think its good.

but again everyones tastebuds are different!

I do taste the banana ..
I do like the stuff but maybe have not found the food to eat it with .
suggestions??

shayneyasinski said:
My wife found me a bottle as I have been looking to try it.
==================================
We all know how vinegary Tobasco is. While it is tasty in bloody mary's, it's not useful for much else (also good on fries).

But Tobasco's habanero sauce does pack more heat. Before you guys totally write this sauce off, it does have one great use.....a use you can't appreciate until you try it....

It's good in a bowl of chili.

omri - ok I misunderstood the difference between the posts, you're correct tabasco doesnt use enough chiles for their sauces. thats why I dont like their original sauce. w/o ordering hot sauce online theres only 3 habanero sauces I can get around here.
- tabasco hab sauce
- el yucateco (but tomatoe based, not fond of those kinds I use them with other tomatoe based meals)
- yucatan sunshine hab sauce from "try me" I like this more than tabascos hab sauce.

but for store bought hot sauce they do just fine & yes I'd like them hotter but like I said for store bought there just fine. until you buy some REAL hot sauce somewhere else. thats not extract.

shayne - best use for this sauce, dont know ? I'm kinda a junkie (junk food eater) when I eat hot sauce, I just pour the sauce onto chips/crackers & sometimes with some cheese or summer sausage.
I rarely use hot sauces with real cooked meals. instead I use fresh pods,powder,flakes,whole dried chiles when cooking meals.

Back