Tabasco is at it again

Greetings Pepper People:

A lot of you have been awaiting the release of my Blue's Habanero Reserve. I, at first was going to do a limited quantity, kinda like "while quantities last". The demand is to the point that I can sell pallets instead of cases.

My co-packer has searched the country for the quantity of red savinas that I need for mass production. It seems that Tabasco has bought up almost all contracts with the big growers that have very consistant peppers. The co-packer can find smaller quantities scattered around, but that will produce an inconsistant sauce. Any ideas?

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net

Buy up all the vinegar contracts, that is there number #1 ingredient they use. The secondary effect will be that it might force them to make a product of some quality.

BTW, have any of you heard their new radio commercial (it might be on TV as well) where the guy is drinking from a fish tank because he put a few drops of Tabasco on his pizza? I found it to be quite hilarious, kind of like mistaking a pee-wee little league game for Major League Baseball.

[quote name='Blue's']Greetings Pepper People:

A lot of you have been awaiting the release of my Blue's Habanero Reserve. I, at first was going to do a limited quantity, kinda like "while quantities last". The demand is to the point that I can sell pallets instead of cases.

My co-packer has searched the country for the quantity of red savinas that I need for mass production. It seems that Tabasco has bought up almost all contracts with the big growers that have very consistant peppers. The co-packer can find smaller quantities scattered around, but that will produce an inconsistant sauce. Any ideas?

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net[/QUOTE]

CAll JIm at Mild to Wild pepper co. His Red Savina MAsh is by far the best.

http://www.wildpepper.com/

He sells it in 5 gallon buckets.

They’ll cut it down and neuter it so men with tiny pee pees :) (like the commercial guy, not trying to offend any of my HP Brothers;) ) can say they can handle the Savina.
I have to say I don’t mind the regular tabasco flavor, I just use it instead of catsup when there’s nothing else around.

huvason said:
Jims Mash does have Vinegar, but no salt or preservatives. It is 70-75% peppers solids. You will have to adjust from using fresh Red SAvinas. Here's the mash link

http://www.wildpepper.com/mash.html

he typically sells it in 5 gallon buckets . Not sure if he has anything smaller. Let me know how it goes.

Got things worked out. Will take a little time. Probably won't be using mash. Stay tuned. It takes me a while, but I won't release a product till it's a proven winner.

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net

[quote name='Blue's']Got things worked out. Will take a little time. Probably won't be using mash. Stay tuned. It takes me a while, but I won't release a product till it's a proven winner.

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net[/QUOTE]

Glad things worked out for you Blue!

tinner666 said:
So Blue. What ratio of pepper are you using? Just curious. Jim's mash is great, straight. It could probably use some extract.:)

Hey Tinner:

I have Jim's mash here at the house. It is a beautiful thing; however, I won't be using mash. Stay tuned.

As far as ratio, lots of habs, little of everyting else.

Blue's

Back