• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce TABASCO® Family Reserve

When I was at seminary I'd always take my bottle of Tabasco to the cafeteria b/s Mariott doesn't cook that well for Midwestern/Northern Lutheran types. I finally got tired of taking it down and finally left it on the salad bar. Then I left for a year for ojt aka vicerage. When I got back apparently they must have thought they had been ordering it all along and continued to carry it. :)

On another note, I was in a fraternity with one of the descendents of the McI's and boy did he have a generous allowance. :)

Mine arrived today....

100_4131.jpg

100_4132.jpg

HUBBA HUBBA!!! :dance:

well, how was it?
I'm tossing around the idea of ordering it but only if there is a big enough of a difference

like the last poster asked. i was also interested if it was any different than the regular one? has anyone tried it? P.S. i too met someone alleged to be from the mcI family at a nyc nightclub. they were in the VIP section spending like wild. the only reason i was near the VIP area to start with is that i was doing security there.

i think i read somewhere that the tabasco peppers used for this "reserve" sauce were picked from plants on avery island for top quality and aged quite a bit longer than usual. i'm pretty sure for the regular tabasco, most of the peppers are shipped in from central or south america and then processed and bottled on avery island.

ok, since you decided to buy 2 collectables i went online to see if anyone dared open a bottle of this rare elixer. as i guessed someone did try it . lo and behold they said it was milder and a bit smokey. just in case anyone was curious like myself. others said it was a bit hotter. they all agree it has a smokey taste.

i think i read somewhere that the tabasco peppers used for this "reserve" sauce were picked from plants on avery island for top quality and aged quite a bit longer than usual. i'm pretty sure for the regular tabasco, most of the peppers are shipped in from central or south america and then processed and bottled on avery island.

Nope. Here's how Tabasco is made:
http://youtu.be/s89WVwiL8h8

Nope?

Their website says they ran out of room on Avery Island in 1965, which is quite a long time ago, and I bet they produce a lot more Tabasco sauce now than they did 50 years ago.

I never said all the peppers used to make regular Tabasco were from South America, just most of them.

Nope?

Their website says they ran out of room on Avery Island in 1965, which is quite a long time ago, and I bet they produce a lot more Tabasco sauce now than they did 50 years ago.

I never said all the peppers used to make regular Tabasco were from South America, just most of them.
Nope.

Nah, just kidding. :lol:

Few peppers are grown on Avery Island, the bulk of the peppers come from central and south america....at least that's what we were told on our trip to the Tabasco visitor center and sauce factory.

It does say on their website that the peppers for family reserve come from Avery Island....we were also told that pepper seed is grown there.

http://www.tabasco.com/info_booth/news/family_reserve_press_release.cfm

Nope. Can't do it. What if it's better than regular Tabasco sauce? My habit, now, becomes $25 a bottle? Nope. Can't do it. :shame:

Back