• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Taco Fuego & Dark Side of the Moon - Pex Peppers - 2014 Hot Sauce Advent Calendar Day #8

http://youtu.be/-KXdZsVmlQ4

Slosh's Bar & Grill 2014 Hot Sauce Advent Calendar - Day #8

Welcome back to Slosh's Bar & Grill and welcome to our 2014 Hot Sauce Advent Calendar ... 25 sauces in 25 days!

On the eighth day of Christmas Slosh, MammaCass & Calais try two sauces - Taco Fuego & Dark Side of the Moon from Pex Peppers - https://www.pexpeppers.com/

Today we tried two sauces from Pex Peppers as they are our featured company of the month for December (which should be out this afternoon!) and today is already the 8th!

Taco Fuego - this one is a jalapeno garlic sauce that had a nice burst of jalapeno flavour to start with and then a really strong garlic aftertaste ... a perfectly good sauce unless you don't like garlic of course ... not the face burner like most of Pex Peppers sauces ... afterwards we mashed up half an avocado with a healthy dashing of sauce and it was pretty unreal ... a dash of lime juice would have made it shine!

Dark Side of the Moon - A smokey barbecue sauce chock full of the taste of red habaneros and the smoked ghost chillies ... I absolutely loved this one ... but I am a HUGE fan of smokey sauces .... Calais didn't like this one as much but he doesn't appreciate habaneros as much as me ... This one is definitely worth trying if you can get your hands on it ... a good mouth burn from the habs ... a great taste full of smoke ... awesome!

http://www.patreon.com/sloshworks

Now that was one of my favorite reviews by you all so far. The joking around, laughing, cursing and discussion along with the reviewing of the sauce was great. The internet is FULL of hot sauce/chile reviewers and more are starting every day. Some are great and some not so much. Some I don't even consider reviewers, instead they're chile stuntmen. They eat the hottest pods and sauces just to get views for their channel or whatever. Some don't even like spicy food and do it just so people will watch them. I think that is complete and utter bullshit and pisses me off to no end. Anyway, 99% of review videos are the same thing. A guy/girl in front of the camera eating pod/sauce and either doing a good job of reviewing or not. There are only so many different pods and superhot sauces out there and with so many reviewers the same things get reviewed over and over again. If you've seen one review for a Carolina reaper you've basically seen em all. The taste/ingredients don't change, only the experience of the reviewer. So doing things different than everyone else is great to see. The chemistry and interaction between the three of you made this better than your average review I mentioned earlier. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy serious and informational reviews but there are so many of those I can already watch. I like seeing someone doing something different. Just my opinion. Thanks Slosh, Cass and Calais for the review and the advent calendar sauce countdown to Christmas

Back