Taste Testers FOUND, Round 2-

Strong warning too. Be careful when doing the dishes. Do not use hot steaming water. I did that and capsaicin got into the air and made my lungs crazy irratated for a few minutes.
Just thought of the most epic thing to put this in. I am a huge Ginger lover haha. I always love super hot ginger ale. Yah I am running in to buy some ginger ale now! Ok so underneath the question I am going to answer the questionare after testing it again tonight. Tonight I tested it in. Blueberry Jam ( 8 drops ), Heartbreaking Dawns Golden Classic ( 8 drops ), Ice Cream ( 16 drops ), Potato soup ( 8 drops ), Piece of donut ( 8 drops )

1. What is your initial reaction? I’d suggest a toothpick test to start. How’s the heat level? Taste?
I tried half a dropper haha. It was bloody hot straight to the mouth.
2.What have you used the additive in? How did it affect the heat? Any change in the flavor of the food?
See above for all I added it. It dramatically increased the heat for something that started with no heat. Eating wise I would say 8 drops per 10 bites of food or so is what I would be comfortable with. No change in flavor.
3. Have you tried adding it to another milder hot sauce?
I did. I added it to Heartbreaking Dawns Golden Classic hot sauce. It increased the heat while keeping the flavor.

4. Should it be hotter? I’m thinking of doubling the capsaicin…
I think going hotter would change a few things. One price would increase ( Im assuming). Going hotter would make it more efficient, however I think this could increase the chances of just hitting hot spots in thicker foods. For instance we make potato soup nearly like a thick stew its not real soupy so drops are likely to not dilute into the food as easily. Plus side is higher efficiency. I suppose you could add it into some water before adding it to a thicker food. The heat for myself is at an area where by itself it is blistering hot and in foods it is a comfortable burn. I think a double hot batch would be great, But perhaps in a different colored bottle if possible.
5.Bottle size- would you buy this size bottle? How much would you pay for it knowing it contains pure crystalline capsaicin powder? Should it be in a larger bottle?
I would buy this bottle size. I think a comfortable price for a bottle this size considering what you are getting is 12-15 dollars including shipping. I think a larger bottle would be ok, but to me part of the cool factor is the bottle. Plus if you wanted to go out and about with it, slipping it into a bag or pocket ( God help you if it leaks though haha ) shouldnt be of any discomfort. Tying into however extra heat, I think a
6. How often do you think you’d use the additive?
I think I would use it quite often. A friend and I discussed adding it to good flavored salsa from stored for the desired heat.
7. Name- Do you like the name “Pure Evil”? Any other suggestions?
I do like the name "Pure Evil" it is unique and not using the constantly used satan or hell theme.
8. Should it be called a “food additive”, “heat additive”, or something else?
I think heat additive sounds best.
9. Are you a food professional? In what capacity? Home cook? Hot sauce junkie?
Not a professional, but I cook a ton.
10. Any other comments?
I think something cool to do. Make the label on the bottle only state the final products name with a small skull at the bottom ( from like old school medicinal bottles ) following the theme of the dropper. Then a small tag around the neck of the dropper stating its contents and warnings. I also think a limited edition batch would be cool in a red or orange glass bottle. That would look sick. Thanks again for letting me review this I have enjoyed it thoroughly.

I been playing around with this stuff all week and I have to admit, I like it! I need another bottle Ann, this one isnt gone yet, but at the rate I am going it will be soon!!!

I let a few co workers try the toothpick bit, one went in full force, didnt even ask how hot it was, I even told him what it was. His face turned red in about 10 seconds and he gaged for a bit, but made it through. Another co-worker, well he is a nut, he has made pickled eggs with Brain Strains I gave him last month, they were good too. And the final victim, well I warned her what it was, she said no problem, then started swearing like a sailor after the toothpick. LOL Atleast I am warning them and not being a bad chili head.

So what am I doing with it? Well the 10 drop Ramen challenge was nothing, so I upped it to 25 drops. Mouth burned til about 4am (lunch is at 2am). No ill bathroom effects I am proud to say, although that might be TMI. LOL

Try it with Pepsi or Coke (whichever you prefer). Put 3 drops into a glass of pop, mix it around and enjoy. Gives an interesting burn, I like it.

I am making chili tonight for our Christmas party at work. I wont put any in the chili, but will have the bottle with me to spice it up if they want to try it.

We have two guys at work that are always making hot stuff, father and son. The dad tried a toothpick, said it was good, the son wont try it, says we are crazy. LOL

Have fun guys and dont hurt anyone with this stuff...

Thanks Matt, and 15Min for the comments. Thanks Matt, for being a "good chilehead", and warning people. :lol:

I never ceases to amaze me the range of heat people can take.

10 drop Ramen seems perfect for a lot of chileheads, and then along come someone like Matt or ghostpeppers541 with 25 drop Ramen. Sounds like another batch is in order. Maybe not doubling the cap, but going 50% more. At 10-drops per bowl, it will get used up fairly fast.

That's a great idea about a simple label on the bottle and a tag with the info. I was already planning on sending a warning/disclaimer/suggestion sheet with the bottle.

SL

email or PM- just sent one to you~

Now Ann you need to create a 666 flavor line (or maybe just 6) of sauces with little to no heat that come with a bottle of this so the customer and can get the flavor of whichever sauce they like and adjust the heat to themselves. Tonight will be spicy ketchup for me.............BTW the hand lotion had to have more lotion added to calm it down and is setting to meld. After 3 days of licking my knuckle there is finally no more burn.

Wonder how this would work as a cleansing agent for contacts???? Just Kidding, besides my ex doesn't wear contacts.

Now I am wondering if it would be wrong to open a freezer and drip some on a fellow chileheads emergency TP?????

What happened to the "Tales From The Loo" thread???? Just went looking and couldn't find it. :think:

Sometimes, when I'm peeling ... (pounds!)... of fresh onions for salsa.....sometimes my mind wanders.....

Just came up with the the BEST idea for a game at the NW Chilefest this September-

CHILI (the soup) POKER with Pure Evil Drops!

ANTE UP!

:hell:

:halo:

On another note- We're bringing Pure Evil to Zestfest at the end of January. I'm trying to figure out how to sample it. Besides sampling drops to those brave enough, I'd like to have a "without/with" side by side taste of some kind of sauce or product. I'm thinking of La Victoria mild hot sauce. Have one sample of the original La Victoria and the other sample with some Pure Evil in it.

If anyone else has an idea of a way to sample it, I'd appreciate suggestions. Keep in mind it has to be able to sit out at room temperature for 3 days, so dairy products probably not a good idea. tia~

Damn girl! I wouldn't leave a glass of water sitting out for 3 days in Texas.
How 'bout ketchup? "Bring your own dawgs! and we'll hook you up!

well, it's texas in the winter, inside a convention center....... I can refrigerate overnight just in case, and I just checked a bottle, it doesn't say "refrigerate after opening".....

Could do catsup as EVERYONE knows the heat of catsup and to taste it with Pure Evil...

(I'll give it a try.....maybe on bro-in-law Rob's Christmas hashbrowns..... :halo: ) [Trust Me! :lol: ]

A guy at work will be getting some Pure Evil in the morning if he keeps cutting zipties on my lift's battery hoses. Yesterday....3 batteries...only one needed and he cut all three and threw them out. Tonight when I replace them they are getting a drop of PE on them. Hope he scratches after the fact because I know he doesn't wear gloves and will think it is battery acid because everyone else will.

A guy at work will be getting some Pure Evil in the morning if he keeps cutting zipties on my lift's battery hoses. Yesterday....3 batteries...only one needed and he cut all three and threw them out. Tonight when I replace them they are getting a drop of PE on them. Hope he scratches after the fact because I know he doesn't wear gloves and will think it is battery acid because everyone else will.

:rofl: keep us updated on this one. :hell:

Or, just put like, 100 zipties on there. Maybe not ambitious enough to cut ALL of them off... LOL
Be careful with the PE, you don't want to blind the poor bastard. Keep us posted for sure!

:rofl: @ justaguy- Be careful!

My husband is the project manager of the electrical crew on a big construction project. Recently the guys on his crew have been messing with him, parking so close to the truck he has to get in the passenger side, putting large boulders in front of and behind his rear tires...and then sitting in their Explorer laughing as he dug out the boulders.....

He asked them to fess up but nobody would cop to it. So he warned them, "Since no one will admit to it, you're ALL gonna get it!"

Yesterday, he put some PE in the water reservour of their coffee pot. He brings his own coffe, they make theirs at the job. First guy makes his coffee, milk, sugar...takes a sip...."You %#*%@! You put hot sauce in my coffee cup!" He replies, "No, I did not put hot sauce in your coffee cup." The guy opens the door, pitches it out, go back to the coffee pot and pours another cup.... He got 4 other guys before they pitched the pot and made a fresh pot. It still tasted like hot stuff though..... :rofl:....

That's what they get for messin' with the Big Dawg.

Back