• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TBI recovery grow log

Hey everyone, I am starting a grow log to help encourage me and help me manage my new executive dysfunction troubles. This past May, I was assaulted and robbed and suffered my 6th tbi, nerve damage in my c6, and a torn shoulder labrum. I am still recovering from the injury. And I have a lot of long term health struggle including seizures nearly every day. One thing I am going to do to help my executive dysfunction disorder and help my rehabilitation is a grow log. I have tried in the past but as a 6 time brain injury survivor, growing peppers before was hard. This will be my first try since this injury. I am rehabilitating in college at Community College of Philadelphia studying computer science. I actually got a perfect on my intro to python final my first semester. And I am starting a job soon in the Department of Planning and Development working on a steering committee for the city of Philadelphia's infrastructure budget. I'm making a lot of progress despite becoming permanently disabled. Communicating can be hard. And I see this grow log as another medium to work on that.

Living in Philadelphia I'll be growing in pots. I have several 2 gallon pots i purchased with excess student loans. And ill be starting seeds in jiffy pots. I'm still figuring out what growing medium I should use for my transplants. But I have just charted my seed starting tray and will figure out the next move from reading advice on these forums.

This is what I'll be growing this year.
Bulgarian Apple
Biquinho
Bhut jolokia
Guajillo
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion
Jalapeno
Butch T Trinidad Scorpion
Fatalli
Red scotch bonnet
Lighting habanero red
Lightning habanero yellow
Ring of fire
Jamaican scotch bonnet
Tangerine dream
Yellow thai
Hinklehatz

Non peppers
Yellow pear tomato
Catnip

Attachments

• 20210110_212400.jpg
    20210110_212400.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 92
PaulG said:
Welcome to the glogosphere XC!

Pretty ambitious list. Good for you.
Depending on how big my stipend is at my new job in the city government, I may add another couple plants in the spring. Probably herbs and some poblanos from home depot since I'm always making chile rellenos. Only chilis I'm looking to add in the near future are more Baccatums since I only have 1 on my list and I love their taste.

While we wait for growth, here is the heckin chonker that's gonna be all over that catnip in a few months. His name is Ryan. Since I cant figure out how to fix these photos from my phone, this will be the last picture from my phone, I'll go to best buy tomorrow and grab a drive for an sd card I've been slow on picking up since getting my computer so I can use my DSLR for this glog

Attachments

• 20201212_195829.jpg
    20201212_195829.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 79
Looks to be an ambitious list, you will be drowning in pods soon. Best wishes for the glog, your health and Ryan as well.

xcphantom said:
While we wait for growth, here is the heckin chonker that's gonna be all over that catnip in a few months. His name is Ryan. Since I cant figure out how to fix these photos from my phone, this will be the last picture from my phone, I'll go to best buy tomorrow and grab a drive for an sd card I've been slow on picking up since getting my computer so I can use my DSLR for this glog

So for whatever reason, I have the same problem when uploading from my iPhone. Whenever I upload to the forum, it rotates the image. Oddly enough, if I go to the picture in my phone, rotate it once, save it, and then rotate it back, it will upload fine. While it is a bit of a pita to do, it is a cobbled together work around.

Welcome aboard and best of luck this season!

These are what sprouted. At least 1 of everything but guajillo. Also i got a mystery seedling growing between the jiffy pellets. What should I cross it with for a hybrid project?

Attachments

• 20210121_000554.jpg
    20210121_000554.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 86
Options for hybrid

Hinklehatz
Yellow thai
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion
Bulgarian apple
Biquinho
Lightning habanero red
Lighting habanero yellow
Or tangerine dream

My top two are biquinho or lightning hab. Biquinho is my favorite tasting pepper and has a short tail. Might cross well with trinidad Scorpion. Lightning habanero is a lightning shaped bolt pod. I'd love to develop a superhot with that genetic feature

The mystery seedling is between butch t and red scotch Bonnet

Tomorrow I will be getting my hydroponics system hopefully. I actually decided to do nft instead of regular soil. Figured if I'm gonna spend the money might as well. My parents do nft.

Hydroponics system I ordered got stolen off my porch. Been refunded and replaced my order. Should get it first week of February. In the meantime my seedlings will have to sit tight for a few more days in their jiffy pellets.

It's just something that happens when you live in a single family row home in South Philly. I'm surprised I dont lose more things from delivery.

xcphantom said:
Hydroponics system I ordered got stolen off my porch. Been refunded and replaced my order. Should get it first week of February. In the meantime my seedlings will have to sit tight for a few more days in their jiffy pellets.
Yuk!  Glad you were able to get another system.
At least it's just an inconvenience rather than a
total loss!

xcphantom said:
It's just something that happens when you live in a single family row home in South Philly. I'm surprised I dont lose more things from delivery.
I often ship things to my dad since he's usually home and often times we're not.

No matter which way I try to turn the images they still get posted sideways. But here is the set up I'm using. I have 2 of these running with peppers and tomatos spaced out 6-9 inches apart. The middle pipes have greens like lettuce arugula and mustard.

Attachments

• 20210225_234931.jpg
    20210225_234931.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 76
Back