• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

TB's pequins & habs

Hey ya'll from the big dry ditch here in Las Vegas. Today I pried myself out of my den of deceit aka The Blues Kitchen and stole myself away from the guitars, pizza, beer, and poppers, to tend my harem of pequins I overwintered and the habaneros I started in December. As its been in the upper 40's for low temps and hitting just a bit over 70 in the afternoon, it was time for the plants to shed their "moontan" and get some real sun. The habs are nice and lush after topping them 3 weeks ago and I have thinned and topped the pequins. About half the pequins are nice and bushy and the other half tend to be climbers and a little thin. I still have a nice healthy head start going into spring.

Here's my gals...

The habs..

0196.jpg

And the pequins..

0197.jpg

Notice the pequin markers...stolen from Home Despot! HAH!

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Pam said:
Looking good! What kind of habs?

Store bought orange habs that I got from Whole Foods. I planted from a seeded hab that I ate. Thought I might give it a go on a whim. I'll probably start more. While not the hottest of habs..these have heaps of flavor.

Cheers, TB.

looking like a good jump start to the season for you TB...

millworkman said:
Those things are going to be monsters come fall.

My good baseball friends A-Rod, Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds gave me some "special" fertilizer. The plants should indeed be monsters but the hab pods might be quite scrawny. They might not even be interested in being pollinated. On top of that both the habs and pequins may need anger management counseling.

Cheers, TB.

Back