• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tell me this is a pod.

Hey guys just want to make sure my eyes are not playing tricks on me. Woke up this morning and spotted this little guy on my scotch bonnet. Please tell me thats the beginning of a pod!!!

Woohoo!!! My first pod, I dedicate this little fella to the wonderful people here at thp. This plant probably would have died long ago without the abundance of information ive recieved from you all. That being said wether this pod matures or falls off before maturity I will eat it regardless!!

Yes, a pod. But I'm puzzled by all the blackish specs on the leaf to the upper left of it. Dirt? Are you throwing dirt around? Possibly bugs? Looks like dirt to me. But then there's the brown spot on the crest of the vein to the immediate left...... More dirt?

Yes, a pod. But I'm puzzled by all the blackish specs on the leaf to the upper left of it. Dirt? Are you throwing dirt around? Possibly bugs? Looks like dirt to me. But then there's the brown spot on the crest of the vein to the immediate left...... More dirt?

Yes most likely dirt from when I potted up a couple days ago. Ive been checking with a loupe almost daily for bugs and havnt seen anything moving. Some leaves where showing signs of fert burn so I repotted to a soil with no chemical ferts.

thirdcoasttx said:
Yes most likely dirt from when I potted up a couple days ago. Ive been checking with a loupe almost daily for bugs and havnt seen anything moving. Some leaves where showing signs of fert burn so I repotted to a soil with no chemical ferts.
Glad to hear it. My first thought was aphids, then I thought they were too small, so maybe mites, but no! Good! And congrats on your newborn!

geeme said:

My thoughts exactly.
And yes thats a pepper....so far...

Do pods ever really fall off once they get started? Out of the 150 ish that I've seen they don't once they actually start. So yeah, that should be ripe in about a month and a half. Congrats. How big is the plant, because come March or so the pods are gonna be about the size of a tennis ball.

Do pods ever really fall off once they get started? Out of the 150 ish that I've seen they don't once they actually start. So yeah, that should be ripe in about a month and a half. Congrats. How big is the plant, because come March or so the pods are gonna be about the size of a tennis ball.

This particular plant is only about 8 inches tall. The other sb is a good 12 or so along with the fatalli but this one has way more flowers.

Hope the're around 2-3 feet by March then, otherwise you're gonna need to stake them, and you might not be able to pick pods without damaging them. One of my habs made around 30 pods when it was a foot tall, got pretty badly torn just because there wasn't enough space for a branch not to be made too thin by picking them. The plant recovered in time for the next harvest but still. Let me know how the fatalli goes, I hear that the're a lot hotter than the scoville rating says the should be (only 300k average, but taste like 700k).

Back