• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tepin x Aji lemon drop review

These were from Mike again (Smileyguy697) and are an accidental cross that turned into something really special. These might be the best tasting chilis I`ve ever had, they really are that good. It`s not a really hot one, although they are considerably hotter than the Aji lemon drop, but this one really deserves being grown out to a stable strain. 

Sorry for the sound issues on this one. That is why the sound is so compressed. i have no idea what the problem was, but this was the best I could do to lessen the hissing and popping.

Hit Mike up for seeds!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFxcWanvNxg&feature=youtu.be

Actually it was a tepin seed i planted and ended up with those. Your absolutely right tho Nigel, they taste great! Just wonder what the next generation will bring.. Could be totally different... I'm very tempted to try and get some cuttings to grow indoors in the fall cause they may not be as tasty.

Sorry for getting that bassackwards Mike. If it were me I`d clone it and produce a ton of plants. 

Lol! I'm not worried about it being backwards. Lol.. the pant has at least a hundred pods on it at all times for the last month and keeps growing like a weed. The pods look a little heavy for its skeleton but is absolutely thriving!

CAM00749_zps8cea6394.jpg

enough to start some plants. i love those cross and also super hot crosses...

maybe 20 seeds?  if possible from different pods that would help to have next generation that could be different so better if i want to try to make some f3 f4 etc...

Sounds like this is gonna take off and would be a good addition to the chili world. I hope to be able try this one and get some seeds for next season. Smileyguy has been very helpful to me since I am new to the pepper world. :clap:

Tinben said:
Sounds like this is gonna take off and would be a good addition to the chili world. I hope to be able try this one and get some seeds for next season. Smileyguy has been very helpful to me since I am new to the pepper world. :clap:
Thanks buddy! I'm not a vet by any means tho. I've grown peppers for years but I'm just getting into the superhots this year. I've dabbled with a few plants in the past but nothing like this year. I've learned so much from these guys and appreciate this site very much. All I can say is read your heart out and I can guarantee you'll have a bad ass crop next year. Feel free to post things you've learned, ask questions, and enjoy your new addiction!

THANKS GUYS! YOU PEPPER HEADS ROCK!

Tinben said:
I really think it is a great addition and yes, Mike is a really good guy too.

Very nice.  Funny that it does not resemble a tepin or a aji lemen.  Aren't they both thin skinned peppers?  Anyway, glad it's a great tasting pepper.  Keep it going smileyguy.

Love your parrots Nigel.  I used to have a few hand feed lovebirds.  Very feisty and lovely little birds, if they are hand feed.  Can't have any now because my little daschund's would eat them.

roper2008 said:
Very nice.  Funny that it does not resemble a tepin or a aji lemen.  Aren't they both thin skinned peppers?  Anyway, glad it's a great tasting pepper.  Keep it going smileyguy.

Love your parrots Nigel.  I used to have a few hand feed lovebirds.  Very feisty and lovely little birds, if they are hand feed.  Can't have any now because my little daschund's would eat them.
Thanks. Lovebirds are great little guys with huge personalities. We have a few wild ones around here sometimes. There is also a flock of about 15 Amazons we see occasionally.

Nigel said:
I thought "giving the bird" was an Americanism........... :lol:
Oh, absolutely!  It's a long standing and highly respected tradition in the States that when a pet bird appears with you in a pepper eating review that you give the bird to the first person that asks you for it - just ask Ed, he'll back me up on that1

Back