• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

terms and Definitions

Throw some words up, I can define 'em.

AJ's Texas Red: (n) a Texas red chili recipe (no beans) made famous by Alabama Jack. The recipe is available on this site, and has been emulated by several members and posted on Drunken Chef. The official chili of Frydad4.

"The Habanero Incident of '08": A SoFlo weekend when 5-O was earning his stripes by consuming too many habaneros and drinking most of a keg of Amber Bock with Sumbits and Frydad. 5-O was on the toilet every hour, on the hour, all night, prior to running the Miami Marathon with Frydad. They both finished, but 5-O was never the same. Other such drunken and spicy incidents are often compared to this one: "Damn, I got so messed up last night and I almost crapped myself. It was almost as bad as The Habanero Incident of '08."

True Story: a way of ending a post that may or may not be true.

Bear: That guy. I'll define him later after I've had a few. In fact, he needs to join THP and have his voting rights instantly revoked. It would be interesting to see what he'd post!

PMD- Phat Man Derek. "To do a phat man" can mean floating Habs in liquid to add more spicnext, ask questions then berate the answerer, getting your pic taken on a horse whilst looking like a tool or just being a tool in general.

JayT'd - Terminology used to describe the act of making a perfect hotdog in the microwave. Ex: "I totally JayT'd that chili cheese hotdog, bitch."

Beers Deep - Usually stated with a number in front of it to let people know how many you've had. Ex: "I was 8 beers deep when I got a call from Scovie last night... our conversation was ridiculawesome."

Manssies - What one says when there is an unbelievable statment heard, but cannot come up with anything better at the moment. (Usually used when F! and $#!+ are inappropriate, such as when small children are in the vacinity.)

Cowboy Cooker: one who cooks like the cavemen did. Often adding lots of spice to bring out teh spiceenesxt.

Dr Pepper: fantastic marinade for chicken or ribs, to add moar heat, float one whole habanero pepper in marinade.

Loo: place you will spend much time praying after eating too much spiceenesxt.

Geeme'd the act of covering one's half drank beer with press 'n seal. "I couldn't drink all of it so I Geeme'd it."

Lawd Have Mercy- a statement made when you need to convey your thoughts that something someone cooked is far far better than awesome.

Foo - what one adds to a dish when excessive garnish seems necessary.

Schlamboozeled - what a drunk person says to someone that was just told "what's up" by a third party.

Merkin - also known as a pubic wig, is a form of concealment used in films when nudity is forbidden for rating purposes. It's also a magical fly hand crafted by TB that will catch any fish desired.

SoFlo Posse - a group of hoodlums based primarily in Miami, Florida that is notorious for causing mayhem through their shenanigans, hoodwinking, bamboozling, and general tomfoolishness.

FloPo - Kind of like SoFlo, but expanded to add Rocketman, Wheebz (formerly PaPo), SicMan and others who live in the great (warm) state of Florida.

Rocketman's Sauces - The first thing you should click on every time he busts out a new one. Known for their ingenuity and unique approach to adding heat in unexpected places.
And if you're nice to him he shares. But you can't be "bullshit nice", he'll see through that.

"Bullshit Nice" - being nice to someone just so you can get something, and then running away never to be heard of again, until your (sauces/powders/money/sexual appetite) go away.

Banana Leaf - Mandatory garnish for SoFlo Drunken Chef and Throwdown entries. Most of the time it's not even a banana leaf, but a Heliconia leaf often called a "Lobster Claw", picked fresh for the picture from Frydad's back yard. Though actual banana leaves from Frydad's back yard are occasionally used. Postings that don't have them are often followed by, "where's the banana leaf". Teaser pics are often followed with, "uh oh, SoFlo bustin out the banana leaves!".

UDS: Ugly drum smoker. A smoker made from a 55 gallon barrel. See also, IDS Imaginary Drum Smoker made by Pippy (Moyboy). This smoker is made for rolling around the yard once in a while and sitting unused for months. It is not used to cook foods.

Picklese - a Haitian condiment that can basically be added to anything. Made with Scotch Bonnet, onions, garlic, carrot, peas, shredded cabbage, salt, and vinegar, placed in a jar and aged for at least two days. http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/22119-pickleseyou-have-to-try-this/

CI - cast iron (skillet or DO)

DO - Dutch Oven. Any cast iron pot with a cover. "Camp ovens" come with legs, and are primarily heated with charcoal or coals from a campfire.

DP - Datil Patch. Or a reference to something else of the sexual nature which involves at least three people.

DP also stands for Donkey Punch. The many uses can make it confusing if you tell people you gave your wife a DP (datil patch) on your anniversary.

Jarred - a term loosely affiliated with a state of mind of pure bliss. Usually obtained by heavy meditation, wait... medication, and is practiced by Master Scovie in the high mountains of the state of Washington, USA. Ex: "Man.... I was soooo jarred yesterday... I was like, man."

BP - Black Pepper. Accused by Geeme as being the most offensive spice in the world to date.

Jarred - a term loosely affiliated with a state of mind of pure bliss. Usually obtained by heavy meditation, wait... medication, and is practiced by Master Scovie in the high mountains of the state of Washington, USA. Ex: "Man.... I was soooo jarred yesterday... I was like, man."

BP - Black Pepper. Accused by Geeme as being the most offensive spice in the world to date.

Slight correction-

"Jarred - a term loosely affiliated with a state of mind of pure bliss. Usually obtained by heavy meditation, wait... medication, and is practiced by Master Scovie in the high mountains of the state of Washington, USA. Ex: "Man.... I was soooo jarred yesterday... I was like, man.""

The term "jarred" can only be used correctly when the liquid medications being drunk are drank out of a canning jar. Any type of liquid medication qualifies (wine, margjaritas, whisky, beer, pina colada, rum&OJ,...) but it must be consumed from a canning jar, usually a 16 oz/ pint jar.

If consumed from any other drinking vessel, the term "jarred" can't be used and the usual terms of pissed/drunk/lit up/etc are appropriate.

Normally, good bouts of jarring require copious amounts of DP editing the morning after.

DP-ing - drunk posting

re-wine- refilling one's wine glass or jar "Time to re-wine!"

wine-ing- when someone is wine-ing they are not complaining, they are drinking wine

sale-ing- which is not talked about so much on THP but is the are of finding great things at garage/yard sales. "Look at the great CI DO I got while sale-ing today!"

BP sub-definition-
"sorry, geeme"- an apology used when describing a dish that contains black pepper, knowing that geeme hates BP, and she would otherwise like the dish being described. " the sauce had fresh garden tomatoes, fresh basil, salt, pepper (sorry geeme), fresh garden onions...."

The Boss- you know! :rolleyes: the guy that runs this joint so all of us crazy chile heads can have fun. AKA- THP, TheHotPepper, DanO'...

El Jefe - (spanish) for "The Boss". Usually used in extreme circumstances while attempting to be obviously incognito. "Damn, El Jefe just moved my post to another thread, and now it's lost."

PaulKy'd - to bust into the throwdowns with an over-the-top spread. Synonymous with "overboard". Usually includes expensive food like lobster and crab in HUGE portions. [just ribbin' you Paul... you know we love you.]

Shart - the sometimes small, unintended defecation that occurs when one relaxes the anal sphincter to fart (blend of "sh!t" and "f@rt")

Manpon - A cool,soothing,moist,absorbant towellet that is placed carefully between arse cheeks after a hard night of drinking or a Defcon Death Match that requires four or more bathroom visits

Back