• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Texas people where you at?

Chewi said:

Ah man you thinking about growing anything next year? I've been lucky with the weather. Looks like 100's later this week though. Brutal!

Wooo! yeah that's going to be brutal. Maybe some shade netting or heavy watering will help. Well maybe not too much watering. There's plenty to go around right now with all the crazy weather.

Yeah, I'd love to grow out next year but I had a major setback. I got married last year, one of the reason's I haven't been on the forums, and my wife knows all about the obsession. She thinks it's cute but says I have to expand the planting to other crops as well.  Her father grows an amazing garden and he actually put in three super hots for me with all his bell peppers this year. Naturally my wife wants a garden and veggies as well. That's no problem with me but the setback is we were in the process of buying a house and were supposed to close today and we got shut down. The seller refused to sell us the house for what the assessment value is. She wanted us to pay 179K when it was valued at 165K. That's not happening. Especially in this market right now where every house is sold in a week or two. Her's has been on the market for almost a month and a half. She's not going to sell it at the price she wants.

So I'm back in the market and about to start apartment hunting again. All my seeds are sitting in the bottom of the fridge nice and cool and packed away. I only have 72 varieties right now but I'll be looking for new varieties soon.

Fort Worth is a hard market right now. Land is sparse right now. All the developers are building these huge houses on tiny pieces of land so you don't get much of a yard unless you get out of the city.

TNKS said:
150 miles west of you old school BrainStrain,Lava, Starfish,Biker Japs and 4 strains of Thai are rocking(3-4'plants)
Kept my shit tucked up from the crazy weather,they are out in shaded sun and loving good drinks of well water
87 plants total

That sounds awesome man! I like the starfish and biker japs selections.
The weather has been super crazy lately but it sounds like you have it under control. Put up some pics when you can.

Chewi said:

You have to come out a little bit from the Fort man!

I know! gosh, if my office wasn't in the Fort I would. I have to stay close to town. I've been looking out your way but nothing has worked out yet.

If anybody in DFW needs a few reapers, ive got about 30 between plants that should be ripe in a few weeks.  They are nasty looking too.

Back