• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Texas Storms

Everybody doin' alright? Getting dumped on by big rain here in Little Elm but no wind. Lots of thunder, some lightning. No hail here but heard some softball sized stuff hit around DFW airport.

Heard Fort Worth and Arlington got hammered along with Coppell and in Dallas/Rockwall.

Denton's gettin' hammered too.

Must be a good storm. My daughter in Spokane just called me all worried.

AJ and others, report in por favor.

Lots of bad weather lately in Tejas. We had 6 inches of hail here in McAllen last Thursday night.

People are still boarding up windows here.

Hey has anyone heard from AJ?Pretty sure he was ground zero.I hope everyone is ok and can get through this mess.

They're having lots of power outtages. A friend of mine from the area is here working in Cleveland, and her house lost power earlier - folks back home texted that. However, she texted back, and hasn't heard anything back for over an hour. Could be that cell towers are down, too.

My girlfriends sister is in Mansfield and said they got lit up pretty bad. We have a ton of Texas reps here. Hope everyone is safe.

Not a nice feeling at all waiting for news on this. AJ is one tough guy though, probably stared the 'nado down....

We're alright here in west Fort Worth...got some nickle sized hail, 1.5" rain, very little wind...everything blew up south and east of us and headed north east..

Have power & Internet back now. Our city got hammered.

Our city has been officially declared a disaster area by our mayor. Entire neighborhoods evacuated and barricaded-off by PD. Hundreds of homes damaged/destroyed in our city alone, plus hundreds more elsewhere.

Worse part about power loss for our neighborhood was when it occured. Was watching TV as they were tracking a tornado on radar that had just been observed doing major damage in our city, and as they zoomed-in the radar to show it's current location, I realized it was right down the street, and heading our way! :eek: At that instant, we lost both power & Internet!

Torrential rain & hail were coming-down so hard at that point that you couldn't see anything coming until it was right in front of you, so that local radar would have been handy to watch (if for no other reason than to know whether or not your residence was about to be turned into fireplace kindling!) But no power/TV and no Internet, so no radar for you! :banghead:

Time to bend over and kiss somethin' goodby, and then wonder how lucky you felt that day! :eek:

Luckily that tornado skipped past us, but I have friends that live in areas that weren't so lucky. Still trying to get ahold of everybody and make sure they're OK. Haven't been back to the office yet, hopefully it's still there!

No dead reported in our city yet, but some injured, one of in critical condition, and they're still searching. Given the level of destruction in some areas, that we don't have numerous deaths yet is amazing. We had cars literally being turned into airplanes. In one house, the tiny bathroom where a family was huddled in the tub was the only room left intact. In another destroyed house, a babysitter & kids were found banged-up but still alive in a hole in the ground, while the bathtub they were hiding in is nowhere to be found!

Travel in portions of the city still restricted, and damage reports are still coming in. Will let you know when I hear more.

Also have a friend down in Cleburne I need to get ahold of. I heard something about early damage reports coming from there, but once the tornadoes hit the DFW Metro, the earlier news seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

what city do you live in laser?

glad you/yours are well...you need the WAPP from Fox 4 for your phone...the wife has it and loves it...so as long as you have a charge in your phone, you can watch the weather...

We didn't get too much in Weatherford, but just east of work is where it started to go bad. Hope all is well over there. Spring is really a crapshoot here. +1 on the Fox4 cell phone app. I use WeatherUnderground also.

Wunderground is great for their radar info. Forecasts, not so much. Then again, how does one predict Texas weather? I know of no where else that can rain buckets on one side of the street and leave the other side bone dry.

I'm glad to hear everone is OK. It's weird just watching the news. Sometimes they make it sound like the Apocalypse is upon us, when it's just a little rain. Times like this I really think it's bad no matter what they say.

Good on y'all.

You have a daughter in Spokane TB? Wow, we're kind of nieghbor-cousin-shirtail-Alaskan-village-relatives.

Back