• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Thanks Again THP

Hello again. Out of lurk mode for the day. I seldom post here but I come here regularly to read and learn. I grow my own peppers (thanks to a few THPers for seeds) and make my own hot sauces and powders, all with some or all knowledge gained form this site. 
It's a hobby I enjoy. I don't take pictures of the whole process as I go along as I usually have 4 or 5 things going on at one time but did take some when I thought of it. People say "no pictures, didn't happen" so here are a few from this year.
Thanks again THP

Here are some of the final products. Got purees, sauces and powders

Unfortunately we have run out of time here in Southern Ontario. So yesterday was the last day of cooking. Still have 6 racks in the dehydrator which I hope finishes today. Have lots of green and slightly ripe peppers left but am leaving for holidays in the morning so no time to process. So this is the finall batch for the year

I also spent some time at the hospital the other day and while I was left alone I found a good source for Hot Pepper Powder. Always looking for jars and containers to give away to keep my cost down and I think these will work perfect. Already comes with labels and color coded

Off to pack and clean the kitchen.
All the best and thanks for all the help

Peter S said:
Looks like you had a great year. Nice score on those vials too!
Didn't have a super year here in Southern Ontario. Have more green pods then ripe ones. Another couple weeks would have been great.
I like the vials too. I go regularly for blood work so I'll be keeping an eye out for more

winland said:
Great work and pictures.
I can only guess that you live alone, except for the dog.
Doing all that work in the kitchen, did anyone else survive?   :onfire:
Got a family that puts up with me. Lots of complaining. Only the 3 dogs don't moan. Wife keeps threatening me with an outdoor kitchen. The dehydrator has been regulated to the basement and most sauce making is done while kids and school and mama out of the house. That's why multiple batches all at one time.

Back