• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Thanksgiving Hoedown

Let's see if this works. Er, um, if I remember how to do it.

Here's a pic of my Turstuffin through the oven door. Like a voyeur.

D5215CAA-30AD-4FBB-9F5D-72988D10D282.jpeg

Ok, I'll play, for real this time :rofl:
(I'm not "competing," just sharing pics. I just wanna hang out with you guys, lol ;) )

Brined overnight in water, salt, sugar, lemons, garlic, onion, thyme, sage, rosemary, bay leaves, celery, poultry seasoning..... uhhh.... probably some other shit too, haha. I forget :drunk:
IMG_7630.JPG

IMG_7631.JPG

Injection (poultry seasoning in the shaker)
IMG_7633.JPG

IMG_7634.JPG

Stuffed w/ apples, celery, and onion, then hit it with a poultry seasoning rub
IMG_7636.JPG

Onto the smoker at 300*
IMG_7637.JPG

BOOM!
IMG_7645.JPG

(some of) The spread
IMG_7652.JPG

IMG_7651.JPG

So tender and juicy! We also had cheese and meat trays w/ crackers, and shrimp cocktail and shit. Sweet potatoes; chocolate cream, pumpkin, and apple pies and shit. Wife made a chocolate fondue thing with sliced apples, pineapple, and rice krispy treats or something too. I'm stuffed!

Oh yeah, these too! My wife and 6 year old daughter made these dessert "turkey legs!" Pretzel rods w/ 2 mini marshmallows (to make the bone shape), dipped in white chocolate, with more rice krispy treat stuff to form the "meat" part :rofl:
IMG_7643.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I love all of you Pepper People!
PPATB!!!
I hope your holiday was as good as mine was today!
Cheers everybody!
:cheers:

Mike, way cool to see the kids getting in there.

Good looking grub, everyone.

mike, your turkey looks fantastic and must taste great. :cheers:
MikeUSMC said:
Ok, I'll play, for real this time :rofl:
(I'm not "competing," just sharing pics. I just wanna hang out with you guys, lol ;) )

Brining in water, salt, sugar, lemons, garlic, onion, thyme, sage, rosemary, celery, poultry seasoning..... uhhh.... probably some other shit too, haha. I forget :drunk:
attachicon.gif
IMG_7630.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_7631.JPG

Injection (poultry seasoning in the shaker)
attachicon.gif
IMG_7633.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_7634.JPG

Stuffed w/ apples, celery, and onion, then hit it with a poultry seasoning rub
attachicon.gif
IMG_7636.JPG

Onto the smoker at 300*
attachicon.gif
IMG_7637.JPG

BOOM!
attachicon.gif
IMG_7645.JPG

(some of) The spread
attachicon.gif
IMG_7652.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_7651.JPG

So tender and juicy! We also had cheese and meat trays w/ crackers, and shrimp cocktail and shit. Sweet potatoes and shit. Wife made a chocolate fondue thing with sliced apples, pineapple, and rice krispy treats or something too. I'm stuffed!

Oh yeah, these too! My wife and 6 year old daughter made these dessert "turkey legs!" Pretzel rods w/ 2 mini marshmallows (to make the bone shape), dipped in white chocolate, with more rice krispy treat stuff to form the "meat" part :rofl:
attachicon.gif
IMG_7643.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I love all of you Pepper People!
PPATB!!!
I hope your holiday was as good as mine was today!
Cheers everybody!
:cheers:

Edit to include the words...FinalEntry!!!!

Family dinner as requested-
Prime rib roast
Potato salad
Roasted Brussels sprouts
Rolls
Pecan pie

Marinated Brussels sprouts
Blueberry pie
An afterthought- I had way too many Brussels sprouts and an extra pie crust. The Brussels sprouts were trimmed and steamed, then tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper (sorry, geeme), Italian herbs and some red pepper blend. Tastes good now, should be much better tomorrow.
IMG_20181122_164202003.jpg

All the rest is pretty self explanatory.

IMG_20181122_151145099_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181122_154159881.jpg

Great day hanging out with the family, both here in the methow and around the world.

:Cheers:
SL

Wow. Out of practice. Whew! :Wipesbrow:

Hey, Scovie did brussel sprouts also! Good looking food, scov.

And sorry, guys, no plate pics.

We have about half the roast leftover for prime rib dips tomorrow. Will show pics then. The middle was a bit red for our tastes as it was, but the ends were perfect. Once the middle gets sliced thin and dunked in au jus it will be just right.

I'm missing the dressing, though. I think that and gravy are the best part of a turkey dinner.

Plus, I get a kick out of Hubby making a stuffing sandwich with the leftovers.

True story.

Back